just got a ticket for not hang up the handicap sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
any one else been though this? in okc, what to expect?

Jumping in here to commend you for actually taking the hangtag off your mirror when not parked -- that is one of my personal pet-peeves because of the amount of vision that is obscured when it is left up while driving. Sorry you caught a ticket but it seems likely you can get it dismissed.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it happened in Okc, take it to the ticket counter and they will tell you where to go from there. All you have to do is show them your card, tell them that you forgot to put it up. In Okc, you can have the ticket dismissed without any costs ONCE! If you get another after that, you will pay a minimum of court costs, which I believe is $150.00.

Any place other than Okc, I have no idea what they do.

$150 for court costs?!?! That's crazy! What do tickets start at in OKC, like $1k plus?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$150 for court costs?!?! That's crazy! What do tickets start at in OKC, like $1k plus?

You should see DPS's latest bond schedule ... It's done more to slow me down than all the brow-beating GC's given me over the years. Contrary to popular belief being friend or family of law enforcement is not a free pass ...

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes update ,went to 700 couch dr. had to take off watch, keys , billfold, & then my glasses to get through scanner , was sure relieved there was not abody cavaty search, went up stairs & down the hall ,they copied my d l & the ticket & handicap permit , ask if this was first affence, said they would mail me a dismissel on the ticket,& the best part NO COST other than about 2 hrs. round trip, thanks for all the good info.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
said they would mail me a dismissal on the ticket

I would make sure to followup on the dismissal part.

I got a ticket dismissed in court once. Didn't keep the paperwork.

Couple weeks later got a call from a Federal Marshall who had an arrest warrant with my name on it.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom