Just got an alert attempted bombing in okc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The timing on the heals of the Charlottesville violence is suspicious. I suppose most likely it is a copy cat crime.

I doesn't read like something they just slapped together over the weekend so I doubt any connection to recent events.

They been pulling off these kind of public relations stings for a long time.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, another "useless idiot" sting where a guy with zero capability gets contacted by an FBI handler posing as an sympathetic enabler...who then holds his hand through the entire process right up until detonation time. Then they spring out and say gotcha!

Did they stop an attempted bombing or did they create live theater at great taxpayer expense?

"Zero capability"? He wanted a 1000lb ammonium nitrate bomb specifically like McVeigh's which was 6000lb. Shouldn't be too difficult for the average adult to accomplish.

Some folks might have made the same caustic statement if FBI had been able to stop McVeigh.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to a criminal complaint, the FBI arrested 23-year-old Jerry Drake Varnell at 1 a.m. on Aug. 12 after he allegedly attempted to detonate what he believed to be an explosives-laden van he had parked in an alley next to BancFirst in downtown Oklahoma City.
Wonder what his problem is with BancFirst? Our local one supports both CCW and open carry in the bank. :dunno:

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_9068A119_6CF9_4580_8073_7BA29F6221F7_zps1mgs0ujw.png

I i think the real question is, what the hell is that background?

Latest posts

Top Bottom