Just had a vasectomy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm too chicken to get one done. Wife wants me to but i am a skeerdy cat.

The procedure was painless other than the local anesthetic. Could feel some pressure, but that was all. I was nervous as heck until it started then I just BS'd with the Doc. Hope he didn't cut the wrong one :D

I figured me getting it done was safer and better off than my wife getting her tubes tied. Plus she does a lot for me so I figured it's the least I could do to repay her.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As others have stated.. Ice pack, stay off feet, and no lifting for a while.

Trust me on this one. Procedure on Friday... Off feet, with ice packs all weekend, down to only aspirin on Monday.... I think I am good to go.

Back to work on Monday. Lifted about 25lbs and the boys said GOTCHA. Swelled up and turned all sorts of colors. Had to walk for a few days like I had a couple of softballs(no pun intended) between my legs.

Just take it real easy for a few days..........

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You coulda saved money, here's how:

After having their 8th child, an Alabama couple decided that was enough (they could not afford a larger double wide) So, the husband went to his doctor and told him that he and his wife didn't want to have any more children. The doctor told him that there was a procedure called a vasectomy that could fix the problem.

The doctor instructed him to go home, get a cherry bomb , light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10. The Alabamian said to the doctor, "I may not be the smartest man, but I don't see how putting a cherry bomb in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me -- I don't want to go deaf!"

So, the couple drove to Georgia to get a second opinion. The Georgia physician was just about to tell them about the procedure for a vasectomy when he noticed that they were from Alabama. This doctor instead told the man to go home and get a cherry bomb, light it, place it in a beer can, hold it to his ear and count to 10.

Figuring that both learned physicians couldn't be wrong, the man went home, lit a cherry bomb and put it in a beer can.

He held the can up to his ear and began to count, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5 . . .", at which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs and resumed counting on his other hand . . . . .

Young Guns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i must have gone to the wrong doctor. my procedure was the most painful experience of my life. after the procedure, i went home and followed instructions explicitly. i missed 2 weeks of work. terrible pain. that was done over a year ago and i still feel a little twinge of pain every now and then. hope your recovery is a lot faster than mine.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i must have gone to the wrong doctor. my procedure was the most painful experience of my life. after the procedure, i went home and followed instructions explicitly. i missed 2 weeks of work. terrible pain. that was done over a year ago and i still feel a little twinge of pain every now and then. hope your recovery is a lot faster than mine.

This is why Im skeerd!

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about that. Did they not numb everything up when they did it?

This is why Im skeerd!

You could check out the doc that did mine. His name is Dr. Bankhead and he's right past Gilbert Medical Clinic on NW 23rd in Bethany.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
..... and the doctor says "I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that the knife slipped. The good news is that they weren't malignant."

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mine was painless had no ice packs did not take any pain pills .had it on friday after noon laid around all week end went to work monday,this was 45 yrs ago

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could check out the doc that did mine. His name is Dr. Bankhead and he's right past Gilbert Medical Clinic on NW 23rd in Bethany.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. As it is, my wife has been on the pill for 7 years (shes 37) and is concerned about continued use of that - which i agree isn't a good idea. She asks me every once in awhile about getting this done. I am convinced i am shooting blanks anyway - I have no kids of my own and have in the past had A LOT of unprotected sex (yeah I know....) with not even one accidental pregnancy. I have beat the odds beyond belief.

Latest posts

Top Bottom