Just ordered a Hornady lock-n-load AP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Last time I remember there being any TG&Y stores around was in the late '70's or early 80's.

I bought my first shotgun. A Remington 1100 20 gauge at TG&Y around 1973 or '74.... for $129 + tax (believe it was 3.5% at that time).
Yup. My dad bought his 1100 for $100 even. On clearance from a dept store in OKC that was going out of business. Arlens I think it was. Sometime in the mid '70's.

To the O/P:
Does the LNL you ordered come with EZ-Ject? If so you need to make sure your shellplates have the relief cut on the back side. The ones in the plastic packaging are good to go. If not Hornady will make that cut for $10 apiece. I highly recommend the ez-ject. It's much better than that darn wire. IMO it pretty much makes the LNL the perfect press. You'll like it regardless...

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Hornandy Projector, the model prior to the LNL. I bought it in 1990. I am waiting for it to break, so I can buy a new LNL. Hope you enjoy your press.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Hornandy Projector, the model prior to the LNL. I bought it in 1990. I am waiting for it to break, so I can buy a new LNL. Hope you enjoy your press.
Well if your Projector press is built like these LNL's, you're probably gonna be waiting for a good long while. They are heavy duty for sure. It has a real heavy cast frame and the ram is 2" in diameter!

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks just got it today, and am going to send off for my bullets tomm. I am about to pop the DVD in that came with it and check it out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using mine for about a year now. The 1K .45acp bullets sure made the price come down considering what I would have to pay for them retail....Mine came with the old book and sometimes you will see that they specify a plate for the .45acp in the old books. That shell plate won't kick the shell out of the last station. I called them and they said all the new ones call for a different shell plate. Yours may be new enough that you don't have to buy another one for that caliber like I did..The shellplate that I originally got works on different calibers that I use, so it was no biggey"D

Latest posts

Top Bottom