Just picked up a keltec RFB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Found this on a Facebook group (since deleted) for 1200 with 2 OEM kel-tec mags, and 3 FAL mags,

Sig optic, cantilever mount, and 45° offset RMR mount.

Been reading about these for a while and seems that many people have just not taken the time to set the gas block correctly. By not doing this it seems they all complain of excessive recoil.

My wife said it is heavy as hell lol. Went to the keltec site and got the kydex cheek riser, muzzle brake, and the butt pad extensions pack (comes with 3). My friends went and shot it, said it worked just fine. I won't be home for another month myself.

Got me some M80 7.62x51 for it. Anyone else here have experience with these?

Attachments

• 20220620_183722.jpg
    20220620_183722.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 5

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the RDB. Picked up a Lucky Irishman handguard and bolt release for it. It’s like you said, folks don’t tune the gas system. It’s set to run almost any ammo from Keltec so the recoil is rough. Dial it in and you feel almost nothing. I’ve been tempted by the RFB since I picked up the RDB.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the RDB. Picked up a Lucky Irishman handguard and bolt release for it. It’s like you said, folks don’t tune the gas system. It’s set to run almost any ammo from Keltec so the recoil is rough. Dial it in and you feel almost nothing. I’ve been tempted by the RFB since I picked up the RDB.

I read that the hand guard you mentioned has an issue where it will drop the casings out the side of it and they hit your hand?

That bolt release i haven't seen, is it an extended or something along that line?

Far as the RDB i would rather see how that hellion from Springfield holds up after a year or so and get that, or the SAR tavor. Likely the tavor just because it has been proven.

The RFB is one of those hidden gems i am thinking that people saw and said...yeah looks cool but whatever.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that the hand guard you mentioned has an issue where it will drop the casings out the side of it and they hit your hand?

That bolt release i haven't seen, is it an extended or something along that line?

Far as the RDB i would rather see how that hellion from Springfield holds up after a year or so and get that, or the SAR tavor. Likely the tavor just because it has been proven.

The RFB is one of those hidden gems i am thinking that people saw and said...yeah looks cool but whatever.
The RDB ejects downward at the rear so I can’t speak for the RFB handguard. It does look like it channels the casing toward the hand of you aren’t using a grip of some sort. The bolt release helps a lot since the RDB location is awkward and difficult to use. It looks like the RDB has a different setup that’s easier to use.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The RDB ejects downward at the rear so I can’t speak for the RFB handguard. It does look like it channels the casing toward the hand of you aren’t using a grip of some sort. The bolt release helps a lot since the RDB location is awkward and difficult to use. It looks like the RDB has a different setup that’s easier to use.
Oh sorry I keep forgetting the RFB and RDB are different weapons lol.

My wife is liking the hellion more than others in the same category. So I guess I am gonna just have to get that....oh well lol

MonteArcher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The RFB ejection is just below the barrel. Very easy to handle & very easy to manipulate. You can shoulder to bring it up over the steering wheel and out the driver’s window. That’s 18” barrel 308 deployed with ease. The hot brass out the window! Zombies fear the RFB. I know Jeff says it’s military grade? Whatever! It is a great rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom