Just realize how lazy of a hunter I am...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned finally that deer hunting is not about shooting deer but just getting out and spending some quality time with friends and family, have some time to wind down and appreciate what God has put out there for us to see if we just slow from our crazy lives a little. Later,

Kirk

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my boy out for the first time today. He's 6, and is still in the process of graduating from his BB gun. So we loaded up about noon, went out in the warm part of the day, and he actually sat still for over an hour without hardly talking or moving at all. Carried his own "rifle: and jerky without covering me or anyone else with his muzzle the whole time. I was so proud of him. After an hour, I asked if he wanted to do some shooting, and he did. So we blasted some cans with the Red Ryder and headed home. He is thrilled to have gone hunting with me, and I am super proud. Looks like there's a Rossi trifecta in his Christmas future. He got to see some sign, and we had an awesome day in the woods together. HE couldn't believe it was so quiet...and I couldn't believe he appreciated it. This is the good stuff.

You can't beat a day like that!

hd_rider13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elgin (The "I don't want to live in Lawton" town)
Awe c'mon....those are just excuses for those of us who can't kill a dang thing!!! Hahaha, just kidding.

Seriously, you guys are right on the money. Being active duty military, this is the first time in 6 years that I have been in the wood due to moving, deployments, and injury recovery. I could go without a gun, but I think my wife might start wondering if I'm really going to the woods.

Good luck guys. Enjoy and take care of what our Father has blessed us with.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok Whitey. Sounds like my kind of hunting. Where are you guys going to hang around like that? Public Lands? I have stil never hunted yet but plan to start. Someday. :(

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok Whitey. Sounds like my kind of hunting. Where are you guys going to hang around like that? Public Lands? I have stil never hunted yet but plan to start. Someday. :(

I hunt private. Some Tribal land I have permission to up by geary or family property in SW oklahoma. The SW OK property is really too far and I am getting tired of the Geary thing. I am working on finding some new areas or purchasing some land closer to home.

I am going back out to try to get a doe for my dad (I will be just setting). I really need it. Been stressed about a lot of stuff since Thanksgiving and the last hunting situation I had. Need to get some fresh air and relax a little before I go back to work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom