Kentucky court clerk....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perceptions of what is right and wrong in this case will vary primarily based on whether or not a person views gay marriage as a civil right.

For those who do not, the actions of this court clerk can be seen as putting one's conscience first and committing civil disobedience.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perceptions of what is right and wrong in this case will vary primarily based on whether or not a person views gay marriage as a civil right.

For those who do not, the actions of this court clerk can be seen as putting one's conscience first and committing civil disobedience.

hypocrisy hurts her case.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand exactly what you guys are saying, I just think if it were reversed and the law was changed to force people to attend church or something you guys would be cheering her on if she stood up to it. I see a huge double standard at play here with some showing their hatred of religion and some their distrust of government. Both are fine if you remember one simple fact.

Just because she works for government does not take away her rights, the same rights as you or anyone else.

She has the right to fight for her beliefs, the right to sue, the right to appeal, the right to civil protest, etc, etc, etc. Same as you or me.

As far as her marriages, under her religion she can be forgiven her sins, but to her gays want the right to keep sinning and if she gives them the license she is condoning it.

Now as far as those of you calling her names because you do not agree with her, know that she gets along fine with many of the protesters, has taken them water on hot days, etc. She can have a civil debate with them which seems to be beyond many of you.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand exactly what you guys are saying, I just think if it were reversed and the law was changed to force people to attend church or something you guys would be cheering her on if she stood up to it. I see a huge double standard at play here with some showing their hatred of religion and some their distrust of government. Both are fine if you remember one simple fact.

Just because she works for government does not take away her rights, the same rights as you or anyone else.

She has the right to fight for her beliefs, the right to sue, the right to appeal, the right to civil protest, etc, etc, etc. Same as you or me.

As far as her marriages, under her religion she can be forgiven her sins, but to her gays want the right to keep sinning and if she gives them the license she is condoning it.

Now as far as those of you calling her names because you do not agree with her, know that she gets along fine with many of the protesters, has taken them water on hot days, etc. She can have a civil debate with them which seems to be beyond many of you.
So you think the Jewish health inspector could deny a restaurant license to a BBQ joint.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

And the highest court in the land has ruled, twice, and she still refuses to follow the law. The debate is over. She does not have the right to violate the law. Either issue the license or quit. Why is that so hard to understand?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Are sheriffs expected to help everyone in need or just the ones they 'agree' with? Should a sheriff be able to refuse help to a domestic violence call if he feels the wife was not honoring her husband? Or if he was stoning her for adultery?

How about a jewish firefighter who refuses to help someone because the fire broke out while cooking a dish with meats and dairy touching?

Some jobs require a person to put their personal beliefs aside. I'm glad you're comfortable with a government official being able to dictate who you can and cannot easily marry, though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom