Kentucky court clerk....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well that's good news for Kim Davis then.
The KY legislature will refuse to change the law and she can go on denying marriage licenses to sinners.

/sarcasm

Have you read the the SCOTUS majority opinion?

They held that the right of 2 people to marry is an individual human right.
Individual human rights are not derived from government, they belong to the individual. ( I can't believe I am having to explain that on this forum of constitutional experts)

The KY legislature can't deny 2 people the right to marry, and they can't grant the right either.

The marriage licenses being issued by the county clerk don't give people the right to marry.
That's not even the purpose.
The marriage licenses now being issued by the Rowan county clerk office legally document the desire of 2 individual citizens to exercise their own rights to marry.

Again, literally the same as McDonald. X right is an individual right and was incorporated under the 14th amendment's Due Process clause.

Huckabee once said 'If the Republican Party doesn't fight gay marriage, I'll leave the party!', YET, he seems perfectly OK with the government requiring a license to fully practice what he believes to be a religious institution. If they started issuing BAPTISM PERMITS, do you think he'd say "Well ok, just don't let the gays have 'em"?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, literally the same as McDonald. X right is an individual right and was incorporated under the 14th amendment's Due Process clause.

Huckabee once said 'If the Republican Party doesn't fight gay marriage, I'll leave the party!', YET, he seems perfectly OK with the government requiring a license to fully practice what he believes to be a religious institution. If they started issuing BAPTISM PERMITS, do you think he'd say "Well ok, just don't let the gays have 'em"?
I think he would squeal like a pig that the .gov doesn't possess the power to define Baptism. or bestow the benefits of Baptism.
That's an individual right.

What a county clerk or notary public could do however is stamp a document that certifies that I have witnessed the free will of 2 people to exercise their own intention to enter into the legal state of marriage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom