Keystone Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah. I like quiet, I like being fit, I like not walking around a chunk of money that only gets used occasionally.
No trailer, no gas, no tags, no big gut...and I catch as many or more big catfish from it as I did with the big boat.
Well if you change your mind we'll have to get you a good reliable used machine that you won't regret spending the money on. Mine's a 99 model. You can get a used boat with all the toys, spend a little on carpet (500) and glass (600), and have a real nice boat that will last you a lifetime and not give you wallet pains every time you think about it.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a house on Keystone and teach weekly sailing classes, so I spend a ton of time on the lake.

The water is never clear, but it's the best lake in the state for paddlefish, and a great lake year round for catfish. Seasonally, stripers and crappie are abundant as well.

It has the most sandy beaches and places to beach your boat of any lake in Oklahoma, but make sure you wear shoes as the local alcoholics like to break bottles everywhere. There are tons of nice campgrounds but limited hotel rooms/cabins.

If you're staying at Bears Glenn cabins on the weekends, be aware that student sailors are on that part of the lake on Saturday Mornings (8-15yo) and races are Sunday afternoons. Washington Irving South is down the road from the cabins and has a nice boat ramp and beach.

bpshooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Catfish north of the 64 bridge aka bears glen area juglines along the bluffs on ne side of bridge set bottom hooks about 20 ft fresh shad is the ticket for big blues. Shad can be caught under the bridge best luck on sw far side. They're usually deep throw my net out let it sink all the way down. Bass and crappie usually good around the docks. Sand bass are decent around dam area and excellent was up north by Feyodi creek where the Arkansas river dumps into the lake under the old railroad bridge.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Catfish north of the 64 bridge aka bears glen area juglines along the bluffs on ne side of bridge set bottom hooks about 20 ft fresh shad is the ticket for big blues. Shad can be caught under the bridge best luck on sw far side. They're usually deep throw my net out let it sink all the way down. Bass and crappie usually good around the docks. Sand bass are decent around dam area and excellent was up north by Feyodi creek where the Arkansas river dumps into the lake under the old railroad bridge.
don't give all the secrets away.😀

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a house on Keystone and teach weekly sailing classes, so I spend a ton of time on the lake.

The water is never clear, but it's the best lake in the state for paddlefish, and a great lake year round for catfish. Seasonally, stripers and crappie are abundant as well.

It has the most sandy beaches and places to beach your boat of any lake in Oklahoma, but make sure you wear shoes as the local alcoholics like to break bottles everywhere. There are tons of nice campgrounds but limited hotel rooms/cabins.

If you're staying at Bears Glenn cabins on the weekends, be aware that student sailors are on that part of the lake on Saturday Mornings (8-15yo) and races are Sunday afternoons. Washington Irving South is down the road from the cabins and has a nice boat ramp and beach.
Thank you very much for the info and for staying on the original topic! We're going to be there Weds/Th/Fri and leaving Sat morning so hopefully less boaters and alcoholics.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Where were you when we owned a place at Mannford?!?!?!?! 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom