Keystone Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some state record fish have been pulled from that lake.

We would go there when I was younger because it was close. The thing I remember was if you jump in the water with light colored swim trunks, they would come out brown. Just a dirty lake.
not all the time BUT after a rain Orange Bathing Suite

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you ever decide to go to Carlton Landing, I rent my house out and I charge less doing it private versus Lakestay... My house is the 2 story centered in the pic.
IMG_9224.jpeg

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whether it's in the Gulf, on the River, or the Lake...same old mentality that causes guys to compensate shows up, doesn't it?
Yeah, some people just think walking in the middle of the highway is big boy energy. I can't tell you the times I've had one of those "can I play?" idiots paddle right across a major thoroughfare and park right in the middle to suck a thumb, then myself and other boats are having to cut hard to avoid giving them a Darwin award.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We love boating at Keystone Lake. It's only 1.45 hrs from N OKC/Edmond. The water is pretty nice, and there are lots of sandy beaches. There are few nice larger beach areas where lots of boats congregate and socialize, but that's not for us. The one thing I don't like is the stupid ATV/Side-by-side people driving on the beach right in front of where our kids play. Their loud music and the exhausts noise ruins serenity. We now look for smaller, more remote areas to get away from the crazies.
You realize that is a designated ORV area? We used to get annoyed at the boaters that would clog up our great riding areas. Out of all of the great beaches on the lake, that small island attracts most of the boaters.

Settled_Nomad

"Be Curious, Not Judgmental." -- Ted Lasso
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You realize that is a designated ORV area? We used to get annoyed at the boaters that would clog up our great riding areas. Out of all of the great beaches on the lake, that small island attracts most of the boaters.
I guess I did not know that. It seems ATV'ers would want to ride a rough trail/terrain and not a flat beach area, but that's me.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I did not know that. It seems ATV'ers would want to ride a rough trail/terrain and not a flat beach area, but that's me.
There used to be signs, they get knocked down. We don't ride there anymore, but we did for years, ripping down the beach is awesome, good times doing that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom