Killers of the Flower Moon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up around some of the folks in Osage County that were descendants of the murders of the Osage tribal members. Read the book and it was really well written, but 3.5 hours in a theater with no intermission is not going to happen, besides the fact I've only watched two movies in theaters in my life. Gone with the wind on a high school prom date, and Ghost when dating my second wife.
They know not to even ask me to go to a theater now.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't read the book, but it's on my list now. 3.5 hours... yeah, no way I can sit through a movie that long so I'll be waiting for it to become available on streaming too. On top of that popcorn, and all the other refreshments, is a whole lot cheaper here at home than the outrageous prices they charge at theaters.

Last edited:

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to work as the contract pumper on 3 large Osage county oil leases one of which was owned by the Hunt Brothers at that time.
In the pump shack was a large leather bound journal and ledger that well information was written in dating back to 1903. Frank Phillips signed some of the entries.
One lease had approx 25 miles of push rods running from the motor sheds to individual well pumps. The genius of the pump motor running 6 well pump jacks at the same time was some cool engineering.
There are some old boom town sites I would love to metal detect for silver coins

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't read the book, but it's on my list now. 3.5 hours... yeah, no way I can sit through a movie that long so I'll be waiting for it to become available on streaming too. On top of that popcorn, and all the other refreshments, is a whole lot cheaper here at home than the outrageous prices they charge at theaters.

I used to really enjoy seeing epics on the big screen.

Last we seen, Oppenheimer, was a good historical movie. The $52 for 2 tickets, drink and popcorn made that probably the last movie I see in a theater.

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I was a Hollywood boss, I'd cut the movies to 2 hours-ish for theaters and then release an extended version, if justified, when it releases to the stream world.

I like movies, but too many are too long for a theater imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom