Kilts ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes.

My point was just that: this is not top-secret stuff. Show up, pay attention, and ask for help. I attended my first 3-gun match with an AR I hadn't yet sighted in, a box stock Glock with night sights, and ammo. Some of these "I bought a sponsorship from H&H t-shirt guys" loaned me belt, mags, mag holders, shell caddies, and even a shotgun. They coached me through the whole match. At one of the eat-n-shoots that we organized a number of years ago I listened to some guys who corrected my handgun grip. I now shoot a pistol *much* better.

Tischauser and getoffmylawnbecauseiboughtajerseyfromhandh both have been shooting for less time than I have IIRC, but made the commitment and investment into learning and are now both sponsored shooters. Did I remember correctly about you being sponsored @Getoffmylawn?
totally agreed

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The guys that rock the H&H shooting jerseys didn't buy them.
They were selected by the store from a pool of applicants based on their performance in prior matches and their ability to represent those brands in public.

I had heard from two people who were unrelated/didn't know each other that they paid for the shirts.

But that is not the point.

The person wearing the shirt is not being sponsored by the individual brands on the shirt he/she is wearing anymore than Victoria Secret is sponsoring S4F to wear their thongs.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had heard from two people who were unrelated/didn't know each other that they paid for the shirts.

The person wearing the shirt is not being sponsored by the individual brands on the shirt he/she is wearing anymore than Victoria Secret is sponsoring S4F to wear their thongs.
Great.....I was needing that check from adult depends.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

If someone actually just bought a shirt, that's true. There are plenty of shooters who earned a sponsorship from the companies on their jersey.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If someone actually just bought a shirt, that's true. There are plenty of shooters who earned a sponsorship from the companies on their jersey.

The original comment I made about the shirts was that some people who wear kilts are no more "attention whores" than those wearing shirts with logos on them from companies that are not sponsoring them.

And to your other post (#109) ... I was at a shoot where there was a guy wearing an H&H shirt really represented the ideal of how someone should share our sport with others. Very cool and very, very helpful. On the flip side, the first shoot I was at had a handful of folks in H&H shirts who were upset that some beginners were slowing things up.

Moral of the story is don't judge a man by the shirt or kilt that he is wearing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Your talking two different jerseys. H&H has their own shooting team. The folks on that team do not buy their jerseys. They are the folks I noted earlier that are representing H&H vendors. At any time did I say the individual members on that team had personal relationships with the sponsors that are featured on their jerseys that THEY DO NOT BUY?

BoomerShooter has a Contingency team jersey that the member who wishes to become part of that team purchases a personalized jersey that features sponsors of the BoomerShooter contingency program. The sponsors on the jersey, (H&H just happens to be the premier sponsor and enjoys the biggest logo) contribute products to the program for choice landscape on the jersey in hopes that shooters will wear them to matches and get their logo noticed.
Walking billboards if you may.
At the end of the season, everybody that participated in the program by buying a jersey is entered into the prize give away where sponsors products are given back to the shooters that bought the jerseys.
The more you shoot verified sanctioned matches, the better the odds of winning one of the top prizes.
Personally I won a complete Nordic upper receiver that was worth more than double what my jersey cost.

So, are you sufficiently informed now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom