Kilts ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No more of being an "attention whore" than the folks that wear shirts to local shooting matches that look like a billboard.
Ha. That was funny!
A few months ago, stopped by an indoor range, when a guy (20 something) came in dressed head to toe in Tacticool garb. Everything but plates and had dark wrap around dark glasses. Never seen so much crap on someone.
Hard not to laugh.

Rhino 55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha. That was funny!
A few months ago, stopped by an indoor range, when a guy (20 something) came in dressed head to toe in Tacticool garb. Everything but plates and had dark wrap around dark glasses. Never seen so much crap on someone.
Hard not to laugh.

I would have asked him for his dog tags!!!

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No more of being an "attention whore" than the folks that wear shirts to local shooting matches that look like a billboard.

You mean the guys who are wearing the logos of the major companies who sponsor them?
Yeah, those are called pro's and they have an obligation to wear those to all matches (yes there are a few pros here in okc as well as tulsa)
Or are you referring to the guys with the Boomershooter jerseys?
Those guys wear the jerseys to support the site, it's sponsors and to also enter into a drawing to get cool stuff from the site sponsors.
So "attention whores" in those scenarios is exactly what they're going for to get the brands out.

Rhino 55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Getting back to the attention whores that wear Kilts. I have two Tartans. One for the Glasgow Distract (Bloodline) and a U. S, Navy one (retired from) It is more pride and respect to wear one and showing everyone you don't have to follow the crowd "of know it all's" and being different is acceptable

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You mean the guys who are wearing the logos of the major companies who sponsor them?
Yeah, those are called pro's and they have an obligation to wear those to all matches (yes there are a few pros here in okc as well as tulsa)
Or are you referring to the guys with the Boomershooter jerseys?
Those guys wear the jerseys to support the site, it's sponsors and to also enter into a drawing to get cool stuff from the site sponsors.
So "attention whores" in those scenarios is exactly what they're going for to get the brands out.

Now if one was not Scottish (or even Irish) and they wear a kilt as a fashion statement that I could see as a “wee-bit” of the attention whore (or one that likes the AC in the car blowing up their kilt and cooling their nads on a hot day).

I respectfully disagree that those showing pride in their family and heritage by wearing kilts are attention whores. Good for them for doing that.

As to “Boomershooters”… I have no idea who they are. I was referring to Max Michel wannabes prancing about in their H&H shirts. They seem like the type that would wear biker shorts a size too small and ride Schwinn Varsity 10 Speeds.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Now if one was not Scottish (or even Irish) and they wear a kilt as a fashion statement that I could see as a “wee-bit” of the attention whore (or one that likes the AC in the car blowing up their kilt and cooling their nads on a hot day).

I respectfully disagree that those showing pride in their family and heritage by wearing kilts are attention whores. Good for them for doing that.

As to “Boomershooters”… I have no idea who they are. I was referring to Max Michel wannabes prancing about in their H&H shirts. They seem like the type that would wear biker shorts a size too small and ride Schwinn Varsity 10 Speeds.

Lol, "Max Michel wannabes"
Do you even shoot bro? I get together with a bunch of those guys on a regular basis, and I promise there's quite a few who could show you a thing or three.

As far as the kilt.... if you wanna wear one, then wear it. I was just saying that here in America, it's portrayed by most as a skirt and not a ceremonial piece. If you feel comfortable in it, good on ya.
The fact that 5.11 has made a kilt just tells me that there will be the "tacticool" guys wearing it for attention and not heritage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom