knife question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My opinion is a little more on the simple side.

1) Get a good fixed blade knife that you will always carry.

2) Get good with it and don't worry about anything else regarding equipment until you do.

Michael Brown

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up a couple of Ka-Bar TDIs soon.

Can I carry two of these concealed plus my firearm concealed?
(with CWL)

okla-lawman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the Kabar is an interesting knife. I would like to play with one before makng judgement.

mike +1 on practacing.

A few years back Newt Livesay modified a knife for me to carry behind my mag pouches. It was a small fixed blade. It was about 6 inches with a 2-21/2"
blade. He liked the idea so much he made up a few more. Well it did get the ultimate test. a Mo. State trooper was on a traffic stop. He brought the violator back to his car's front seat (this is not a commit on that tactic). The subject went for the troopers gun. In the insuing struggle the trooper had the mindset to go for the knife (I do not know how much practice he had) The trooper remebers stabbing the guy once. The bad guy got out of the car and ran. Backing officers got there and the car is covered in blood. There is a blood trail from the car that disappears in the woods. 46 minutes later the bad guy shows up at a local hospital. He was stabbed once in the shoulder like the trooper rembers and twice in the throat. One of them missed the carotid by a few cm.Bad guy goes to jail and happy ending. I have always said if you carry a gun you should carry a knife. :wink2:

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
okla-lawman said:
I think the Kabar is an interesting knife. I would like to play with one before makng judgement.

:

It's not my favorite for plainclothes, but I think as a knife for a duty belt its an excellent choice.

I think its primary virtues are:

a) Allows locked-wrist drawing to prevent aversion

b) Economical

c) There's a trainer already made for it so you can practice hard.

Michael Brown

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just picked up one of these:
ai17.ebayimg.com_01_i_05_cd_5f_14_1_b.JPG

okla-lawman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We contacted the Tulsa Co District Attorneys Office for a legal opinion last year. In writing they said the Kershaw, Onion and other assisted knives did not qualify under this statute and thus were not illegal. Dirks and other double bladed knives have been traditionaly outlawed do to the fact they were designed to pierce armor ( both chain mail and Kevlar). I have got a few sucessful prosecutions for violations almost all were switch operated knives and convicted felons. I have tried several times for prosecutions under any other offensive weapons on some peeps who tried or stabbed some body with a concealed knife. But it never floated.

As far as carrying a switchblade it is illegal. Kind of like speeding though. You may get off, you may not. I personally dont carry ANY automatic knives. Why?? if you ever had to use it for self defense and I was the civil attorney suing you I would show parts of West side story and tell the juriors you were carrying a Illegal Hoodlums weapon......
A small fixed blade is quicker and far better...

pete156

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skydiver, I also order the same knife just the other night. The only thing I didn't see mention was whether or now either of the sheaths can be worn horizontally on the belt.

I hope so since my overhang may get in the way. ;)

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at the pic, I bet the clip can be attachd either way. We'll see, I hope it gets here soon. I got in a hurry when I saw it and paid 2 bucks more than the same seller's "buy now" price on the same knife different ad. Felt kind of stupid, but it was my fault. Anyway, 2 bucks, us high rollers can afford it. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom