Know what your buying before you buy it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Otherwise you might end up with 150 rounds of this. Thought I was buying the ones on the right. Ended up with the stuff on the left. We shall see
image.jpg

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Otherwise you might end up with 150 rounds of this. Thought I was buying the ones on the right. Ended up with the stuff on the left. We shall seeView attachment 379305
I share your pain.

About 15 years ago, we bought a couple of cases of 22lr Remington from the CMP. About 15% were duds. I ended up using them for flinch practice--1 out of 6 would not fire, but I didn't know which ones were duds. So each dud was a surprise.

A few weeks ago, I saw a Winchester 1906 pump 22 rifle at a local pawn shop. I bought it, and I took it to the range last week. The CCI green tag and standard velocity rounds fired well. I brought some of the Remington for flinch practice. Sure enough, every round of the Remington fired. I think that the firing pin on the 1906 was large enough to ignite the primer on the rim every time.

Sometimes time turns what looked to be a mistake into a good deal. I hope that it turns out that way for you.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just loaded up 500 148 gr WC's for my 38's a few weeks back, I like them
I agree completely. I have loaded and shot thousands of 148 g wad cutters and prefer them for target practice. They are consistently accurate, easy to load and make nice clean round holes in paper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom