Land question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Caleb

My mom inherited 160 acres a while back. Im trying to find out where it is so i can check it out and possibly hunt on it. The problem is she doesn't know exactly where the land is located. We know what county it is in though. My grandparents are the only ones that know where it is and they are in South Texas and wont be back for about a year. Ive contacted them and they said they would have to just show us. I really dont want to wait a year. Is there any way i could find out an address and where its located? I know my mom leases it out and gets checks every month.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your mom gets a check for a lease, but does not know the address? If it's leased to someone else, can you hunt on it at that time?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does she pay taxes on it? lol

Definitely the county will know where it is if she's paying taxes, and if she isn't, it might not be hers anymore. :(

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Go the the county courthouse and visit the county assessor's office. They will have a landowner plat map. It will either have your mothers or the previous owners name and legal description depending how old the map is. If it happens to be Major or Garfield Co I have those maps.

C

Caleb

I talked to her this morning and she said she doesnt pay taxes for it. A number of people in my family own the land so they all have percentages. I guess they have been leasing to a farmer and he has been leasing it to some hunters. Its a mess. Me and my dad are figuring everything out. I emailed the tax assessor for Caddo County and they have been helping. I just need to figure out who in my family is paying taxes. Thank you all for your help.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
depending on the county in oklahoma you might be able to find it for yourself. For example, Oklahoma, Cleveland, and Tulsa counties all have their property records online and you can search either by owner name or address. If your county is one of these just do the search, find the plot and most of the time you can get a map that goes with it and you can plot your own route out there

ETA: Didn't see that you said Caddo County....unsure if theirs are online

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
depending on the county in oklahoma you might be able to find it for yourself. For example, Oklahoma, Cleveland, and Tulsa counties all have their property records online and you can search either by owner name or address. If your county is one of these just do the search, find the plot and most of the time you can get a map that goes with it and you can plot your own route out there

ETA: Didn't see that you said Caddo County....unsure if theirs are online

I am not even sure if they have the internet in Caddo county. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom