Las Vegas Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Latest report at 7:04 from the Sheriff's office.
23 firearms recovered at Mandalay Bay, 19 at the shooters home.
Several strip hotels(MGM Resorts) are offering free rooms and coordinating with SW airlines for victims relatives.
The blood bank has said they have no more need for blood donations as the response from the public has been overwhelming.
People have been donating food, etc, and they don't have the ability to coordinate distribution and ask for only bottled water or sealed food to the Red Cross.
A gofundme account has been set up with $100,000 dollars donated in a short time with a goal of $500K. One individual stepped up and donated $400.000.00.

As usual, Americans stepped up to the plate in the aftermath of tragedy. It's what we do with the face of evil looking at us.
upload_2017-10-2_21-23-10.jpeg

The shooter earned his special time in hell.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Latest report at 7:04 from the Sheriff's office.
23 firearms recovered at Mandalay Bay, 19 at the shooters home.
Several strip hotels(MGM Resorts) are offering free rooms and coordinating with SW airlines for victims relatives.
The blood bank has said they have no more need for blood donations as the response from the public has been overwhelming.
People have been donating food, etc, and they don't have the ability to coordinate distribution and ask for only bottled water or sealed food to the Red Cross.
A gofundme account has been set up with $100,000 dollars donated in a short time with a goal of $500K. One individual stepped up and donated $400.000.00.

As usual, Americans stepped up to the plate in the aftermath of tragedy. It's what we do with the face of evil looking at us. View attachment 107572

The shooter earned his special time in hell.
42 guns but his brother says he wasn't into guns? What else is his brother lying about? :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
42 guns but his brother says he wasn't into guns? What else is his brother lying about? :(
Oh, it's going to all come out. Like you, I've been angry as hell all day. A good day's work at the farm repairing deer stands took my mind away from it for awhile, but the anger has came back. I've stayed out of this thread other than to post verified facts as put out by the authorities.
There has been some really jerk responses from members, and I appreciate the mods in putting a stop to it.
We have a troll that needs to go.
There is not one reason on God's Green earth for that caricature of a person to remain on this forum anymore.
I'm done until the next report from the Sheriff's office.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was on the phone to someone that's had guns his entire life. All high power rifles. He asked what I thought about the shooting and I've learned not to discuss this with anyone that ask, because they've already have a strong opinion and it's usually not one I share.
I just said it's tragic and he goes into the rant about Automatic Weapons.....etc., and I reminded him about the extensive collection he has. This made it worse as he stated they were all hunting rifles. Now I'm in.
First I brought up the fact that he has not hunted in 20 years and owns about 40 rifles and handguns. All top shelf. Second, he has a really sweet High Capacity Colt under the seat of his truck.
Third, Charles Whitman killed 17 and wounded 31 in a non target ripe environment unlike the 22,000 captured crowd in Vegas.
Fourth, he, Whitman had several guns including a M1 Carbine and Remington 700 neither of which were AR's or AK's with full auto or 30 round mags.
He was still yelling when I hung up.
The Texas shooting took 96 minutes (I think) and he was under fire from above and below during some of it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was on the phone to someone that's had guns his entire life. All high power rifles. He asked what I thought about the shooting and I've learned not to discuss this with anyone that ask, because they've already have a strong opinion and it's usually not one I share.
I just said it's tragic and he goes into the rant about Automatic Weapons.....etc., and I reminded him about the extensive collection he has. This made it worse as he stated they were all hunting rifles. Now I'm in.
First I brought up the fact that he has not hunted in 20 years and owns about 40 rifles and handguns. All top shelf. Second, he has a really sweet High Capacity Colt under the seat of his truck.
Third, Charles Whitman killed 17 and wounded 31 in a non target ripe environment unlike the 22,000 captured crowd in Vegas.
Fourth, he, Whitman had several guns including a M1 Carbine and Remington 700 neither of which were AR's or AK's with full auto or 30 round mags.
The Texas shooting took 96 minutes (I think) and he was under fire from above and below during some of it.

I liken those people to the ones who blame rape victims for getting raped. :(

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Emotions and kneejerk responses will run high for days. In the end just keep trying to apply logic to the emotional ones. It's all you can do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom