Las Vegas Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The numbers on the note were bullet drop tables.

3 officers who stormed the suite will be interviewed on 60 minutes.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/las-ve...ajectory/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=43241828
Just read the article. I love the lies of it. He used high-powered semiautomatic rifles for his shooting. He could have used a .22lr to do it and as long as it was an AR it would have been called “high powered”. And as to a previous post talking about the theory that the shooter was on drugs and that could have had an effect. I don’t buy it. Drugs do make people do dumb stufff but that’s just it. This was thoroughly planned out and executed. Not something that seems like a person doing this because of a drug. That is usually random and messy. Far from what this was. And to take the time to calculate bullet drop and distance and all that. He wasn’t on drugs or had just came off a drug doing stuff like he did. This was meticulously done and very thought out.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just read the article. I love the lies of it. He used high-powered semiautomatic rifles for his shooting. He could have used a .22lr to do it and as long as it was an AR it would have been called “high powered”. And as to a previous post talking about the theory that the shooter was on drugs and that could have had an effect. I don’t buy it. Drugs do make people do dumb stufff but that’s just it. This was thoroughly planned out and executed. Not something that seems like a person doing this because of a drug. That is usually random and messy. Far from what this was. And to take the time to calculate bullet drop and distance and all that. He wasn’t on drugs or had just came off a drug doing stuff like he did. This was meticulously done and very thought out.
It was meticulous and thought out because that's the type of person he was, you know kinda OCD. Besides Paddock, are there any of these shootings that haven't happened so far that didn't result from religious belief's, brain tumors, or drugs?

IIRC, Valium is the only drug he "reportedly" had a Rx for. Someone already posted that valium in seniors can have a bad effect and a Army buddy of mine, who is now a Psychiatrist, just confirmed that is true. The problem is there is no way to tell if Valium is the culprit because the guy is dead. So might have been the Valium and might not have been.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It was meticulous and thought out because that's the type of person he was, you know kinda OCD. Besides Paddock, are there any of these shootings that haven't happened so far that didn't result from religious belief's, brain tumors, or drugs?

IIRC, Valium is the only drug he "reportedly" had a Rx for. Someone already posted that valium in seniors can have a bad effect and a Army buddy of mine, who is now a Psychiatrist, just confirmed that is true. The problem is there is no way to tell if Valium is the culprit because the guy is dead. So might have been the Valium and might not have been.
But was it really that meticulously planned? Sure he had a target, surveillance, and what not, but his kill count was low for the amount of hardware and funding he apparently had at his disposal. I know we're just armchairing this, but we've come up with ways he could have done way more damage without having to haul 2 tons of gear upstairs.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But was it really that meticulously planned? Sure he had a target, surveillance, and what not, but his kill count was low for the amount of hardware and funding he apparently had at his disposal. I know we're just armchairing this, but we've come up with ways he could have done way more damage without having to haul 2 tons of gear upstairs.
Over 500 hits on 500 different people. While only 8-9 died immediately, 50 died of wounds. That was a pretty effective terrorist/psycho act.

Yeah, he could have done the truck bomb thing by driving into the crowd but he wouldn't have gotten away. He would have been pulled apart by the crowd. Remember, he wanted to get away with this and live to fight another day

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Over 500 hits on 500 different people. While only 8-9 died immediately, 50 died of wounds. That was a pretty effective terrorist/psycho act.

Yeah, he could have done the truck bomb thing by driving into the crowd but he wouldn't have gotten away. He would have been pulled apart by the crowd. Remember, he wanted to get away with this and live to fight another day

I don't think 500 people were hit. I heard something like 80% of wounds and deaths were due to secondary actions. Fleeing, trampling, falling etc.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Truck bomb, drone bomb, 45-70 crank Gatling, hell he could have stuck to using the 308 with a bump fire and had a larger death toll. Last I heard dude had something like $60k in gear, with that kind of money and inclination, his numbers should have been way higher.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Truck bomb, drone bomb, 45-70 crank Gatling, hell he could have stuck to using the 308 with a bump fire and had a larger death toll. Last I heard dude had something like $60k in gear, with that kind of money and inclination, his numbers should have been way higher.
308 doesn't produce casualties any better than 223, not at 400m or less, especially if he was using 55gr M193 or 223rem in 55gr

In any case, if you don't think 500 casualties and 59 dead isn't effective for 1 man to do, then I don't know what to tell ya

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think 500 people were hit. I heard something like 80% of wounds and deaths were due to secondary actions. Fleeing, trampling, falling etc.
That could very well be true. But then he may have taken the chaos into account. We cant ask him though. Directly or indirectly, he was responsible for those casualties

Latest posts

Top Bottom