Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because of my cataract surgery I hadn't busted a cap since 7-3 but I was on the range at daybreak this morning and flung 100 rounds downrange at the 25 yd. gongs with my 45 ACP SA 1911 and just finished giving it a good cleaning.

I haven't got my new glasses yet so the gongs were fairly sharp but my sights were pretty fuzzy......because of my vision I didn't even attempt to shoot the 6" gong this morning but by taking my time I owned the 8 incher and it was Bang ! Clang ! darn near every round. :)

I go back to the eye doc 8-17 and at that time I'll get another / final eye exam and a prescription for new glasses which according to her will solve my fuzzy sight problem......glad I had the surgery but I'll sure be happy when it's all said and done.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Got the x39 AR on paper at 50 with cheap ammo. Now to stretch it out a little with some decent ammo. Put a 100 rounds through the S&W model 41. It was hit Sunday but I still had fun

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the range again early this morning and sent another 100 rounds of 45 ACP downrange at the gongs this time with my S & W 'E' Series.......it's sure nice having the range all to yourself.

S & W 1911 E Series.jpg

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the range again early this morning and sent another 100 rounds of 45 ACP downrange at the gongs this time with my S & W 'E' Series.......it's sure nice having the range all to yourself.

View attachment 169088

Except for about 15 minutes, we had it to ourselves yesterday evening. I put about 300 in the berm.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually got back to the range this morning ... first time since May 1st. I was hoping they would have a Glock 48 for rent, but they didn't. So, I slung around 200 rounds downrange from the PPS M2 and the Beretta Neos. Nothing was sharp since my cataract surgery, but I had to try. I should have new eyeglasses in about 3 to 4 weeks, and I'm anxious to see how that works out. Good day, and I actually shot pretty well, all things considered!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually got back to the range this morning ... first time since May 1st. I was hoping they would have a Glock 48 for rent, but they didn't. So, I slung around 200 rounds downrange from the PPS M2 and the Beretta Neos. Nothing was sharp since my cataract surgery, but I had to try. I should have new eyeglasses in about 3 to 4 weeks, and I'm anxious to see how that works out. Good day, and I actually shot pretty well, all things considered!

Glad to hear you finally got to fling some lead downrange.

My front and rear sights (white three dot) are fuzzy / blurry also after the surgery but surprisingly I shot pretty well Tuesday and today at the black 25 yd gongs......like you I'll be glad when my eyes get healed up to the point where I can get a post-op exam and get my new glasses.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today was Grumpy's birthday so we went to Henry's and popped off a few rounds. Planning on shooting the match at OKCGC Saturday next. We had a good time, even though the humidity was eating my lunch. I'm ready for fall ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom