Last Time You Fired A Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between rain, doctor appointments and honeydos it had probably been over a week since I busted a cap and I was starting to go through withdrawals. :)

Went early this morning and ran 100 rounds of my 125 gr. JHP's through my 4" GP-100 .357 Mag at the 25 yd. gongs......I was the only one on the range and I was actually able to hit what I was aiming at every now and then. :)

Last edited:

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday...I ordered a mag extension from DB and so I ran 10 rounds through the little 9 to see how it handled. Being able to get all three fingers on the grip took out most of the snap and actually made it fun to shoot.

102_9946 (2).JPG

And for Throwback Thursday...
This one goes way back to earlier this year before the plague hit.
"Awe the good ole days!" :cool:

102_9972 (2).JPG

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran another 65 rounds of 125's through the GP100 this morning with a new load I tried, I'll post the load in the "Reloading" sect......only me on the range, I was hitting the 8" 25 yd. gong pretty consistently and I had a good time.

Oh, I'd like to thank the range elves for painting the gongs for me last nite. :)

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever have one of those days ?

I went to the range this morning with my 45 ACP SA 1911 and 100 rounds......don't know what it was but I couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle and I pretty much wasted my time painting the 25 yd. gongs........fired 30 rounds, got aggravated and came back to the house.

It's supposed to be raining in the morning but if not I plan on going back and firing the remaining 70 rounds to try and redeem myself.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today I pattern tested some Winchester Defender, it has a 1 oz slug and 3 pellets of 00 buck at 1150 fps. I used my Mav 88 w/20" barrel. Shots were taken from 28ft and I was shooting offhand and sitting. Average spread was 6.25", the one pictured is about 6.5".

View attachment 176072 View attachment 176073
I don't think he would've made it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom