Laws of private property, got some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It does not matter if the land is posted if you have permission and you do. I'd hunt and not even think twice about it. The game wardens are not going to write you for the written permission thing unless you are violating the law and it just gives them another tool to use. Go hunting and quit sweating the little stuff.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked with the county GW and he told me i am fine. He said as long as i am sure i talked with the owner that i am not doing anything illegal.

I am worried that someone may be hunting in there and get mad, but i have permission. So if need be i can call the GW if he gets to upset.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does not matter if the land is posted if you have permission and you do. I'd hunt and not even think twice about it. The game wardens are not going to write you for the written permission thing unless you are violating the law and it just gives them another tool to use. Go hunting and quit sweating the little stuff.

That's some very dangerous advice if you ask me. Especially here in Oklahoma.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Landowner Permission:

Hunters must obtain permission to enter any posted or occupied land or land primarily devoted to farming, ranching or forestry purposes.

Nothing in this guide shall be interpreted as permitting hunting or allowing access into any area, public or private, without permission from the owners or custodian as required by law.

Consent is not valid for more than one (1) year, unless the owner, lessee, or occupant specifically grants consent for a specified period of time."

While it doesn't say you legally need WRITTEN permission, I think it would be foolish not to get it. There's too many "what-if's"

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My thoughts EXACTLY!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, Jared says Oklahoma law now requires written permission, but as WacosSon quoted the regs, it does not mention written permission? So which is it? I know the regs are not a full compilation of all the laws, but that one seems like a biggie to me, and if it is true that you have to have written permission, it should be plainly stated in the regs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom