Laws of private property, got some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i also thought of it like this: someone asks me for permission to hunt my property, i tell them sure. Do they have to track down my wife to ask her too?

Not a bad idea. I got ran off by the wife once because the husband forgot to tell her he gave someone permission to hunt on their land.

To make a long story short, she had other ideas about deer hunting than he did and he changed his mind after she threw a fit.

So yes, ALWAYS ask the wife as well.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe i could contact the other owners before I hunted it.

i started too but the other 2 owners live in california, is what the county assessor tells me. I am not having any luck getting a number.

I hate to bother the first owner again, i hate for him to think i am too much trouble and changes his mind or anything. I think i am going to go and scout it today. THe GW said i am legal, as i got permission.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why would you say that?

Because its based on an assumption. He says the game wardens aren't going to write you up, but how does he know that? He can't possibly. What about unforeseen events, like the landowner being at odds with the other guys and giving you permission to get back at them. There's just too many what-if's, and in a state like ours, with a stand your ground law and many armed citizens, sometimes landowners shoot first and ask questions later. I'm just saying better safe than sorry. I don't assume anything when it comes to laws or firearms.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, Jared says Oklahoma law now requires written permission, but as WacosSon quoted the regs, it does not mention written permission? So which is it? I know the regs are not a full compilation of all the laws, but that one seems like a biggie to me, and if it is true that you have to have written permission, it should be plainly stated in the regs.

This one is my mistake. You are NOT required by law to obtain WRITTEN permission from the landowner to Hunt, Fish, or engage in a recreational activity. Although you must have landowner consent. However you ARE required to have WRITTEN permission to hunt ELK. I apologize for the confusion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom