Lease Pricing.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what is a going price per acre for leases in your neck of the woods? I understand that the topography, available game, location, etc, plays a role in the price for a lease but is there a general.......average so to speak. I see alot of guys saying that they are too expensive or can't afford it. What has been your experiences with costs. Please give locations, acreage, etc.

Anyone with lease cost for eastern OK near the Cookson Hills area?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are the prices you speak of generally long term leases where you can access the property year round and sort of "manage the land and wildlife" and hunt all seasons for all game or is it more of a "come and hunt and leave after the season" type deal? I understand every situation is different.

JimmyC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm leasing property in Northwest Oklahoma, Woods County. Got a little over 900 acres for $1k per person. Deer, turkey and lots of coyotes. We have exclusive rights to the land wich is good and bad. Good being no one else has access to it. Bad being we can't bring anyone else out there. Kind of sucks when you need an extra hand setting up and tearing down especially when no one is hunting. We've got a few feeders and stands we set up before deer season and then take down after. The land owner also leaves cattle on the land year round so we have to make sure to use feeders we can raise above the cows. The land lord lives next to the property so he's always around. Not really sure I like that. Kind of like living next door to someone you rent a house from. Always in our business, but it is a pretty good chunk of land.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
15 to 20$ per acre around us. We are close enough to both OKC and Tulsa that the drive is doable the night before a hunt. Which makes it more appealing to the weekend warriors from the city and in turn, drives the prices up even higher.

There are several large land holders with different rules. Some you lease by the gun for the year, some by the weekend and pay by antler size. Sometimes you can get lucky and just lease the land out right. This includes grazing and hunting rights...and sublet out either!

Cattle grazing leases are far less than hunting leases. Some land owners haven't been privy to the amount of money that can be made. Others are not interested and just don't want strangers on their land with firearms. The loss and repair outweighs the income in most cases.

PJ

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$5-15 per acre depending on size and location

I know its a broad range but U should be able to find a good year round all hunting rights lease for this anywhere in the state. Obviously lesser desired hunting areas in the state would start around the $5 and the better the area is known for like phesant or big bucks it gets higher but i wouldnt pay anymore than $15 cause there is just as good if not better spots in that price range.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what is a going price per acre for leases in your neck of the woods? I understand that the topography, available game, location, etc, plays a role in the price for a lease but is there a general.......average so to speak. I see alot of guys saying that they are too expensive or can't afford it. What has been your experiences with costs. Please give locations, acreage, etc.

Anyone with lease cost for eastern OK near the Cookson Hills area?

Something happen to your lease, Parks?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something happen to your lease, Parks?

No, not yet. I have always been interested in real estate. Mostly just trying to figure out what the costs difference is between paying for say a half section of land that has a full access, year round lease compared to buying a decent priced half section.

That being said the 10K+ acre ranch where my father in law has the 1000 acre lease will be donated to the BoyScouts Of America when the owner dies. Current owner is about 72 years old. The Scouts have already built a big welcome center on the property and occasionally have gatherings throughout the year on the ranch. The Scouts are not allowed on my FIL's lease but he feels that although he has had the lease for 35 years the Scouts will kick off all hunters and disolve the current leases when the owner dies. So, I just like to keep abreast of the current lease rates and land prices.

Still heading to Tulsa on the 17th. Can't wait.:thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom