LEO Off-Duty Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw one a plain clothes open carry yesterday but had a small badge next to it.

I'll join in this conversation with a question. A couple of people have referenced a "small" badge. I've never heard of two sizes of badge. If you have a badge, you have a badge. Didn't know there was a big one and a little one?

BC

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In our county, we are considered to be on call 24/7. We are required to carry at all times(exept church).

You don't carry to church? Why not? :anyone:

Don't kid yourself into thinking it's some kind of sanctuary as far as the bad guys are concerned. They lurk there just like they do everywhere else. :ugh2:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people see carrying in church as disrespectful to the church.

One of the guys in the booth with me is the type that feels that way. I make extra extra sure that it is very well concealed and try to keep it out of conversation with the other guys. To each their own. (He seems to support CC any place else, and also seems to support OC, but "church is not a place for guns".)

Here's what I posted in another thread:

Do I want to have to use my weapon in church? No. It's the last thing I want to do on any given Sunday. I pray every time I strap it on that God grants me the wisdom to know when to use it and the strength to use it without hesitation when needed.

Luke 22:36 - "He said to them, 'But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.'"

Psalm 144:1 - "Blessed is the Lord my Rock, who teacheth my hand to war and my fingers to fight."

1 Timothy 5:8 - "If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."

Exodus 22:2 - "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Matthew 26:52 - "Then Jesus said to him, 'Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword'"(in context: do not use deadly force inappropriately)

Romans 14:1 - "Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters." (why I won't judge someone who believes or acts differently as long as it is righteous, and therefore why I won't judge you for believing that guns do not belong in church)

And my personal favorite: Proverb 20:30 - "Blows and wounds cleanse away evil, beatings purge the inmost being."

Do I believe that God will protect his flock? Yes, I do. I also don't mind making myself available as a tool for His purpose either.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Veggie, I fish in Ark often. Where you going and what kind of fishing? Not to hijack this thread.. i started it, so I guess I can hijack my own thread. :-)

B

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Veggie, I fish in Ark often. Where you going and what kind of fishing? Not to hijack this thread.. i started it, so I guess I can hijack my own thread. :-)

B

Ouachita. I want a big fish. And that lake is huge.

I don't fish that often... maybe a four times a year. We went last year in late February, which was a bad idea... the intention then was Lake Amistad, but the other two guys backed out and we decided that trip would be too expensive... we shoulda stopped at Dardanelle, but we went on to Ouachita.

I catch maybe two fish in a year. Dad is semi-retired (not by choice... by economy... tub/shower refinishing seems to be low on people's priority lists... hint hint), and has 36 years more practice than I, so he usually brings in quite a few.

We're going back because even though in four days of fishing we only brought in one fish between us (45F days) we had a great time. Hopefully we'll get something this year.

Any pointers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom