Let's talk Zippos...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did. The white tip, strike anywhere large kitchen matches. Maybe I had on the wrong kind of britches.

My ole man could light them on his canvas work pants or his trousers. I never tried it in my slacks, but I can spark ‘em on my blue jeans.

He could light them with his thumbnail too, Clint Eastwood style, but he was a tough old bastard. Worked a farm or a drilling rig his whole life, right up to the morning he died.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All you zippo guys; y’all using Ronsonol fluid or you use zippo fluid only?
Was Zippo fluid forever but when I moved out here I noticed the cans would rust so I switched to Ronosol but I just switched again. Bought a gallon of Naphtha/white gas which is all it really is. That should last me a minute.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All you zippo guys; y’all using Ronsonol fluid or you use zippo fluid only?
As far as I know, it is probably the same stuff now. Zippo owns Ronson now. Back when I used to smoke cigarettes, I couldn’t stand the smell of Ronson lighter fuel and it was still a different company. It had a weird stinky smell compared to the zippo fluid. But I’m betting it all comes out the same barrel now.

And like somebody else mentioned, it is just white gas. You can go and find it on the shelf in the camping section of Walmart. It comes in quart or a gallon cans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom