Liberal buys a gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very interesting piece, it would be interesting to see a followup piece to see if she kept with the new armed thinking.

Some of my favorite lines from the story

I found that I could not let go of a feeling of disappointment, of some kind of tangled shame that had nothing to do with shooting guns, or gun ownership, but that somehow I had wimped out and bought an assault rifle a 6-year-old could use.

I put the Smith down on the counter and shifted my weight in consideration. If anything like that happened to me or my kid, I definitely would want something capable of blowing a guy's face off.

I kept thinking about neighbors. You have this crazy family living next door. One day you go over with a pie, figuring if you just confronted the crazy, you'd understand it and find acceptance. Then you discover that all this time they think you're the crazy family. The more you try to explain yourself, the crazier you sound, and if you stay long enough, you probably will be.

These were burdensome thoughts, and I wanted to get rid of them. I rented an Uzi, fully automatic. I chose the male zombie. I think he was supposed to be a lawyer. He had a briefcase. I aimed for his left eyeball and pulled the trigger. The patter of thirty-two bullets lasted maybe three seconds, and then the eyeball was gone. The release felt like one gorgeous, fantastic sneeze, and the satisfaction reminded me of cold beer.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The writer actually responded to me, this was her reply:

Jeanne Marie Laskas: "Thanks for the comment, I did get my concealed carry license, but don't have time to practice at the shooting range because of my girls' piano lessons and softball games. After researching the article, I see gun ownership as a personal choice in a way I didn't before."

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's funny how a little experience changes people's minds.

Yep. Odd what happen's when we actually try to see the world from a different perspective. Great article. Wish I facebooked or something.

Wonder if the kid got the Barrett..

I got a little nervous about the guy buying the Sig though. lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom