Liberals are weak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At last the answer to the perplexing question of why some people are liberals. The science is settled! ......Disagree? then let's arm wrestle.

Men who are strong are more likely to take a right-wing stance, while weaker men support the welfare state, researchers claim.

Their study discovered a link between a man’s upper-body strength and their political views.

Scientists from Aarhus University in Denmark collected data on bicep size, socio-economic status and support for economic redistribution from hundreds in America, Argentina and Denmark.

The figures revealed that men with higher upper-body strength were less likely to support left-wing policies on the redistribution of wealth.

But men with low upper-body strength were more likely to put their own self-interest aside and support a welfare state.

The researchers found no link between upper-body strength and redistribution opinions among women.

Professor Michael Petersen said: ‘In all three countries, physically strong males consistently pursued the self-interested position on redistribution.

‘However physically weak males were more reluctant to assert their self-interest – just as if disputes over national policies were a matter of direct physical confrontation between individuals.

‘While many people think of politics as a modern phenomenon, it has, in a sense, always been with our species.

‘Political views are designed by natural selection to function in the conditions recurrent over human evolutionary history.’

The findings were published in the journal Psychological Science.

Professor Petersen added: ‘Many previous studies have shown that people's political views cannot be predicted by standard economic models.

‘This is among the first studies to show that political views may be rational in another sense, in that they're designed by natural selection to function in the conditions recurrent over human evolutionary history.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...right-wing-political-views.html#ixzz3yBfpW2E9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So buff dudes are conservatives and put themselves before others, and liberals are pillsbury dough boys and put others before themselves.

Hmmm, I wonder which way Jesus leaned?

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had seen something about this someplace and forget where. It does have some merit to looking at as any theory does. SHTF I am sure more conservatives would survive than liberals as conservatives often are more suspicious of those in power while liberals want help from those in power.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So buff dudes are conservatives and put themselves before others, and liberals are pillsbury dough boys and put others before themselves.

Hmmm, I wonder which way Jesus leaned?

According to the article it's all about bicep size not overall fitness. Jesus was a carpenter back when carpenters had to cut their own lumber so I'll let you draw your own conclusion. But remember, if you disagree you are arguing with science.....

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Hmmm, I wonder which way Jesus leaned?" IndVet.

From what I gather he was more of the "Fight the Power" get the state out of the church kinda guy.... The rest is history... Ya know how those pesky Romans rolled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom