Life in a refugee camp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive been researching life in a refugee camp. Theres no doubt even a few well prepped people could end up in a camp.

I cant really post links but you do yourself a favor and read up on the subject.

A blue tarp
some cordage
and a pot for cooking.
Rice is about the only staple, or some other type of mush, oats maybe.

Disease, hunger, rape, theft, zero freedoms and monitored by armed guards, who do little to help.

You dont want to get caught up in a refugee/camp type situation.

Whats your thoughts?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that it would be horrible. I think some will be herded in to the camps by droves. Those that resist will stay out of the camps. But what does that mean? I think their life will be ****** as well. A notch better than the refugee guys/gals, but still horrible.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't ever see refugee camps happening here in the future. I know there is lots of history of camps around the world in the past including here in the US but I dont see it on our soil. IMO, there are to many people that know about the past exapmle of what happens in concentration type camps whether they had relative in them or learned how bad they were from studying them in school that the general population would not allow it to happen by way of force.

I truly believe that, at least Americans, although haven't reached the breaking point yet for some reason, will not put up with camps, etc. To many American that would rather die keeping their freedom and fight back. There are not enough military, police and other govt enforcement agencies to forcefully take over the entire United States. Not only the 2A supporters but also gun grabbers turned pro 2A would not let it happen.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep, i read about Katrina camps, Andrew is another. Also dont overlook what happened to Japanese-Americans in the 40's. The migrant "govt" camps of the Great Depression, as well as "Hoovervilles".

It seems we've always had "camps" of some sort, just different reasons.

diabjoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't ever see refugee camps happening here in the future. I know there is lots of history of camps around the world in the past including here in the US but I dont see it on our soil. IMO, there are to many people that know about the past exapmle of what happens in concentration type camps whether they had relative in them or learned how bad they were from studying them in school that the general population would not allow it to happen by way of force.

I truly believe that, at least Americans, although haven't reached the breaking point yet for some reason, will not put up with camps, etc. To many American that would rather die keeping their freedom and fight back. There are not enough military, police and other govt enforcement agencies to forcefully take over the entire United States. Not only the 2A supporters but also gun grabbers turned pro 2A would not let it happen.

I think pretty much the whole state of Oklahoma would resist something like this, but I disagree that most americans would resist. I think a plan would be to make people reliant enough on the government that without entering a camp people could not provide food and shelter for their families. How many more people are on food stamps and government housing now than even 4 years ago? If people on food stamps and government housing were told their benefits were disappearing, but they could still get handouts at a camp I think we'd see an unfortunate amount of people go willingly to a camp. I think in the midwest and most red states it would be hard to force us into camps, but on the coasts and in urban areas I think it would be much easier to herd these people into government camps.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, i read about Katrina camps, Andrew is another. Also dont overlook what happened to Japanese-Americans in the 40's. The migrant "govt" camps of the Great Depression, as well as "Hoovervilles".

It seems we've always had "camps" of some sort, just different reasons.

Well, I wouldn't consider The Manzanar Camps with the Katrina camps at all. Completely different in every way. The Manzanar Camps were closer to the Nazi camps that the super dome camp from Katrina.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the relevant thing about the SuperDome is to study the happenings during martial law. Besides the looting and confiscation going on in the city, what struck me the most, I guess, is when people went inside the Dome they weren't allowed back out to forage for themselves.

I may be completely paranoid, but to me, one of the mainstays of prepping is striving towards self-reliance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom