Limbaugh Rejects Company That Suspended Ads From Show Over Fluke Remarks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This here is what they call a pyrrhic victory. Rush's own marketing research shows that his average listener is a 67 year old white man. That's an unsustainable audience. Ninety eight sponsors including Ford and Geico have now withdrawn ads not just from Limbaugh's show, but also from those of Hannity, Beck, etc. all the controversial programs airing on Clear Channel.

Rush is dragging the whole clown car off the cliff with him. Thelma and Louise sort of thing.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but they're not exactly the most valuable demographic to advertisers. They already got everything.
And let's give Rush his due. He won't be washin dishes down at the IHOP anytime soon, but in a year or two
he'll no longer be one of our highest profile conservatives. That's a real shame.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This here is what they call a pyrrhic victory. Rush's own marketing research shows that his average listener is a 67 year old white man. That's an unsustainable audience. Ninety eight sponsors including Ford and Geico have now withdrawn ads not just from Limbaugh's show, but also from those of Hannity, Beck, etc. all the controversial programs airing on Clear Channel.

Rush is dragging the whole clown car off the cliff with him. Thelma and Louise sort of thing.

Rush will rise from the ashes of the clown car like a pallid, bloated Phoenix. Humanity won't allow anything less.

I don't think the comparisons of Rush's comments to those of liberal entertainers is really valid, because no liberal entertainer has the national presence or platform Rush does, and none of them have the amount of influence in politics as Rush does re: conservatives.

That said, I probably hate Maher worse than Rush because Maher thinks he is a social critic and stand-up comic, when in reality he's just a skinnier, left-leaning version of Rush with less of a national voice. At least he's finally admitting tacitly in his defense of Rush. He's just defending him because the same thing happened to him 10 years ago. There's a clear line that an entertainer steps over when he wants to enter the mainstream and touch on politics. Most of them take it because they have no artistic integrity or anything valuable to say, and they should be prepared for the restrictions on expression that come with it.
For example, some of my favorite comics are largely offensive, insulting and disgusting in their comments towards politicians...but you have that freedom when you're working in the field of comedy and not trying to put yourself on a mainstream, national platform.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see an elderly couple in the slow lane on highway 61 and Rush is saying he needs to get her a pair of pajamas for Valentines day so she'll remember back when they first met at the hootenany in mellonville, and when she opens up the package she says "you got me what?"

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this was a just world, they'd give Art Bell every minute of airtime Rush currently has, amirite everybody?

www.reallyweirdstuff.com_art_bell.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at him, he's a lard ass. He obviously isn't smart enough to eat correctly. If he can't handle this basic function, how can he handle anything else. Think Michael Moore.

Listen to his show for five minutes. He either doesn't believe in God, or he despises him.

Refer back to Rush getting busted for Oxycontin and buying them off his illegal immigrant house worker. This was in the news, if you're a Rush worshiper and you don't know about this, you definitely shouldn't be voting.

He believes we should go after "evil drug users" while he himself is high off one of the strongest and most abused opiates out there.

Rush is up there with Bill Maher and Glenn Beck as great masters of sheep, but idiots.

Got to agree with all of this. No talking head should be taken seriously but if you do listen to any of them, research anything they say before you buy into it. Rush and Beck do bring up good points sometimes and tell you things the left does not want you to know, but they will many times spin it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, the more successful Rush becomes, the less faith I have in humanity. It is disgusting that this guy can pocket so much, revolutionize an industry, and do it all spreading fear, hate, and division. He got wealthy, and America became more divided. I'm all for free speech, but I'm really praying that this time, this is the end for him.

Rush is bad for everyone. His talking points are always one-sided, with no constructive reasoning, nothing positive, all just "How can I tick people off today, stir up more controversy, and get higher ratings?"

That fits all the talking heads on the left and the right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom