Lincoln County Ticket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I see what I'm having for dinner...

printersdevilpress.files.wordpress.com_2010_12_eat_crow.jpg

But there again, I will still take your phone number... would be easy pickins now!

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got a letter form the North Texas Tollway Authority, with a photo of the license plate of our minivan. The offenses occurred 6 and 8 months prior to us owning the van. I wrote the NTTA a nice email that explained how OK tags stayed with the car, and that's why the registration said "9 years."

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DA finally called me. Sounded like she had a long day in court is was tired of hearing sob stories from dirtbags. She was pretty short and frank with me. I faxed her my attendance record, along with noting my class schedule, and location of my school in Oklahoma City, and that I don't own, nor have ever driven said vehicle that I was supposedly pulled over in. She said she'd look at it sometime tomorrow or Wednesday, and call me back and let me know. Told me who I need to contact about reporting the theft so it will get flagged if someone tries to use my license number again, but I can't do that until the warrant is cleared.

Damn...I haven't even been up the turnpike since I had to go to a funeral in MO in 2013.... What a PITA.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got a letter form the North Texas Tollway Authority, with a photo of the license plate of our minivan. The offenses occurred 6 and 8 months prior to us owning the van. I wrote the NTTA a nice email that explained how OK tags stayed with the car, and that's why the registration said "9 years."

I almost always get new plate&tags for very reasons like that when I get a different vehicle. I think it's only $8 to replace them when you register it...well worth it imo.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that's a conundrum wrapped in a Gordian knot. Guess that Oklahoma ID with 3D bar code and hologram can be faked oh and the biometric matching of your photo and fingerprint. Scary part is whoever did it went through a lot of trouble to steal your identity. What else have they done in your name?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DA finally called me. Sounded like she had a long day in court is was tired of hearing sob stories from dirtbags. She was pretty short and frank with me. I faxed her my attendance record, along with noting my class schedule, and location of my school in Oklahoma City, and that I don't own, nor have ever driven said vehicle that I was supposedly pulled over in. She said she'd look at it sometime tomorrow or Wednesday, and call me back and let me know. Told me who I need to contact about reporting the theft so it will get flagged if someone tries to use my license number again, but I can't do that until the warrant is cleared.

Damn...I haven't even been up the turnpike since I had to go to a funeral in MO in 2013.... What a PITA.

If she continues that line, I'd get "short and frank" with her and let her know very clearly that I was going in to post bond and get ready to go to court. I'd tell her to get her ass in gear, lets do this! When you get your day, you will win. They don't like that. Then I'd let the local paper know your whole story. She REALLY won't like that! Sounds like it will all come out in the wash though.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that's a conundrum wrapped in a Gordian knot. Guess that Oklahoma ID with 3D bar code and hologram can be faked oh and the biometric matching of your photo and fingerprint. Scary part is whoever did it went through a lot of trouble to steal your identity. What else have they done in your name?

Exactly has been my thinking. I'm stuck until I can get the warrant cleared though. Once it's cleared, I'm going to go file a police report and immediately get a new d/l number. I already cancelled my bank cards, did the OSBI background check (that came back clear thankfully). We're supposed to have those fancy fool proof ID's......

The thing that gets me, is it was an "electronic ticket", so they don't have a signature on file. Since they have my address, I never received anything in the mail about it.

Also, yes, my license is still valid thankfully. The court clerk said I did not get put on the list to be suspended somehow, and she's not sure why, but my license wasn't suspended due to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom