Line X Worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly recommend Line X. Had one put in my truck back in 04 and its still holding up. I no longer own the truck but a buddy of mine owns it now so I still see it once a month or so.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did 2 trucks with Line-X, it is a little pricey. My issue is that it is very slick, it's good and bad. Anything going in, is easy to slide in, anything already there is going to move around if you don't secure it.

Last truck I did a $100 bed mat, worked great.

I had the Dealership do the "Ford" spray in liner on this truck, seems like a similar product, I will say that Matthews did a terrible job of masking and had to do a lot of cleanup work after the fact. I've never had that issue with the Line-X folks.

Are you getting a cover as well?

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had two done and love it. The Line-X is a "hot" bonding process versus some of the other ones. I also got a rubber bed mat to put in mine as extra protection. A bed mat to protect the bed mat if you will. It also helps with the sliding around issue SS mentioned. Check your local car dealerships and used car lots, they sometimes have used bed mats piled up in the back somewhere and they are cheaper that way.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes actually. Any suggestions?

I like the Pace Edwards full metal jack rabbit. It's a roll back cover, down side is the canister at the front of the bed. Had one on the old truck for 6 years and liked it, looked at all of my options on this one and came back to the same cover. The canister never causes any issues for me, but it does consume a little space in an already short bed.

I like the low profile, and not dealing with the cover folded up against the back window.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the Pace Edwards full metal jack rabbit. It's a roll back cover, down side is the canister at the front of the bed. Had one on the old truck for 6 years and liked it, looked at all of my options on this one and came back to the same cover. The canister never causes any issues for me, but it does consume a little space in an already short bed.

I like the low profile, and not dealing with the cover folded up against the back window.

Yeah, not doing the fold up against the window. How does the Pace seal against water? I get it's not going to be perfect for sure but mostly waterproof?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, not doing the fold up against the window. How does the Pace seal against water? I get it's not going to be perfect for sure but mostly waterproof?

Correct, mostly waterproof. Small wet areas at the back around the tailgate seal, but nothing major. Only waterproof is going to be a hard cover.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I assume you've been on the F150 forum. Lot's of mods for the trucks, I ended up doing the rear wheel well liners. Lot's of discussion over OEM or Husky, I ended up using Husky. I also did the Husky floor mats, had WeatherTechs last time and like the Husky mats much better.

You can disable the seat belt warning if you are so inclined, there is a page in the owners manual that describes the process.

The door key pad is more useful to me than I anticipated, and the remote tailgate release gets used a lot.

I really like the in bed lighting also.

Took me awhile to realize the rear seat headrests fold down, there is a button on the side of them, helps with visibility out back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom