Vacationing In Iceland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone here done it or lived there? Worth it? Interesting? Suggestions? What time of the year did you go?
Went for 6 days early november, it was about 3 days too long. Renting a car and driving the ring road was pretty cool. Ghost museum was cool. Super windy and wet/cold Reykjavik sucks. Bars close at 10 every night except friday/saturday. Everything is super expensive. Worst food of any country I have been in (except for lobster soup) and the water smells like farts. Icelanders are inbred passive aggressive dicks, they make canadians seem like good people. The blue lagoon is a tourist trap and I wound up with a skin infection. Iceland is not at all like going to actual Europe but cost just as much. It's cool as a layover on the way to somewhere else but not a destination in itself.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went for 6 days early november, it was about 3 days too long. Renting a car and driving the ring road was pretty cool. Ghost museum was cool. Super windy and wet/cold Reykjavik sucks. Bars close at 10 every night except friday/saturday. Everything is super expensive. Worst food of any country I have been in (except for lobster soup) and the water smells like farts. Icelanders are inbred passive aggressive dicks, they make canadians seem like good people. The blue lagoon is a tourist trap and I wound up with a skin infection. Iceland is not at all like going to actual Europe but cost just as much. It's cool as a layover on the way to somewhere else but not a destination in itself.
that about sums it up

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you painted such a pretty picture, sign me up. :lmfao:

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sounds like how I felt at Disney World.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a layover on Iceland once. For 6 hours it was pretty cool. Every home has steam heat from the steam vents that are harnessed and distributed.
At certain times of the year, they have some of the most incredible fishing of anyplace in the world.
Never mixed with the locals. Only one cab driver that I hired to give a tour that dispensed the information that was just given.

Latest posts

Top Bottom