Linksys routers any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of having to reset my router about once a week to keep my network and internet working. I have D-Link DSR-150 and it just seems to go to sleep at random times. Actually I have 3 of the durn things because when I thought one was dead I bought another one plus a spare. Found out I could fix it by resetting it to factory defaults and reentering the configuration. I have also installed the latest firm ware in all 3.

Linksys is having a pretty good sale right now that runs till 12-27 but not sure I would be any better off with a Linksys router.

Thanks...

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had goodluck with tp-link for years, the one I'm using now I've had about 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be your modem. I've got a linksys router and it does the same thing. Got a netgear modem. Have to keep resetting both.
Of course it's on that lovely cox cable.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently purchased this router, Amazon.com: GRYPHON - Advance Security & Parental Control Mesh WiFi Router (up to 3000sqft) AC3000 Tri-Band, Hack Protection w/AI-Intrusion Detection & ESET Malware Protection, Smart Mesh Wireless System w/App: Computers & Accessories and am very happy with it. I also bought an Arris SB8200 modem, Amazon.com: ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem, Approved for Cox, Xfinity, Spectrum & others: Electronics

I too had to restart my modem about once a day while working remotely. Now that I have these two new pieces of equipment I haven't had a single issue in months.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't have a modem, router connects directly to the Atlas wireless interface. One issue is my router is ln a separate building from where I normally hang out, up until about a week ago I had to go to the router to reset it. I put a relay in the power line and used the old land line wire so I could cycle the power without going outside. Makes it easier to reset but still a PTA.
Not sure what the mesh system is all about guess I need to do a little research to see how it might bennifit my network.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't have a modem, router connects directly to the Atlas wireless interface. One issue is my router is ln a separate building from where I normally hang out, up until about a week ago I had to go to the router to reset it. I put a relay in the power line and used the old land line wire so I could cycle the power without going outside. Makes it easier to reset but still a PTA.
Not sure what the mesh system is all about guess I need to do a little research to see how it might bennifit my network.

We have a mesh system (Velop) and it works good. It is a little pricey but I gave up on the standard router / extender option. We have 5 nodes to cover the whole house (2-story house). Basically, one node is connected to the modem for internet access. The other nodes connect to each other and your devices connect to a node. As you move around the house the devices switch off to the best signal node giving you uninterrupted access to the network / internet. Each node also has the capability to plug in an Ethernet wire for those older / non-wireless devices. You can add as many nodes as needed to get the coverage you want.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just replaced my linksys router, it was dropping internet 2-3 times a day and I would have to power it off (unplug) to get it back. I bought the Netgear Nighthawk AX4200 and haven't had internet drop since. But I've only had it for 2-3 weeks so time will tell how reliable it is, but so far so good

Latest posts

Top Bottom