Linksys routers any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Linksys router went out about 4 months ago. Only had it for around a year. I replaced it with a Netgear AC1600. It was priced very reasonably and has been flawless thus far.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a side note, when I replaced the linksys with netgear, I named my networks and passwords the same on the netgear that I had on the linksys setup and all of my devices connected right up without having to go in to any device settings to get them back online. Only had to power off and on my camera system.
Make sure you power off your modem first and back on before any new router is connected.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If setting up wifi for the first time would you buy the Nighthawk or use the company provided router for $10/month? Test showed good signal throughout my house and back patio and ISP replaced or repairs if something is not working.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't do gaming, need any kind of special features or whatever, generally the combined from the provider works ok.

<Edit> I should mention you are probably going to pay that for the modem alone OR for the modem/router combo, but that might factor into my decision.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Linksys routers after going through several of them. I used Netgear Nighthawk for a while good results, but have recently replaced it with an Orbi Mesh system (Orbi AC2200) and couldn't be happier. The mesh provides strong wi-fi throughout the house and even out at my shop as well.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Linksys has changed hands numerous times over the years. At one point I would imagine WR54 series routers had 25% of the market. That is what they reset to fix the internet in Southpark. Entry level routers are all about the same, kinda of a crap shoot. Some work great some suck. Personally I have had more issues with Tp-link than anything so I would avoid them at all costs. I would suggest Asus or Netgear both make a solid product in most price ranges. The more your spend the more feature rich it will be. If your willing to spend the coin mesh is the way to go.

All that said are your sure its your router hanging up? When internet stops are you able to get to its access page and log into it? Or what is your symptom that is making you want to reset the router so frequently?

Latest posts

Top Bottom