Local (Broken Arrow) 2A activist who arrested.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty phucked up when it’s ok to flaunt 2 men having anal sex but not ok to exercise the second amendment

Tyranical govt right here in your backyard but its ok to give up your rights because snowflakes have shamed you/us into making you/us feel bad.

pretty sure two people having anal sex in a park (regardless of gender combinations), would be illegal.

Maybe the PDA, like the AR pistol, should be kept away from the parks. And choosing not to exercise a right isn't 'giving it up'. It remains an option, whether you exercise it or not (which seems to be the gist of your statement above).

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty phucked up when it’s ok to flaunt 2 men having anal sex but not ok to exercise the second amendment

Tyranical govt right here in your backyard but its ok to give up your rights because snowflakes have shamed you/us into making you/us feel bad.
I don't think gay sex would lead to the fear of innocent bystanders getting killed or wounded.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you would be ok if someone yelled "BOMB!" in crowded place? Because thats exactly what you are saying, all rights should be absolute. Guess what buttercup, they are not. The ability to exercise a right ends when you do so to knowingly cause discomfort or emotional harm to others. Someone carrying a pistol, concealed or open, is able to do so even if some people do not like it. But this guy and the one in OKC carried a AR pistol with the express intent to cause law enforcement to show up. They were not just going about their day. That is the difference.

If you cannot behave responsibly in public then maybe you shouldn't be in public.

Uhhh. No. Carrying a rifle in public is in no way like yelling “bomb” in a crowded place. Yelling “gun” in a crowded place would be similar. Carrying a rifle is just carrying a rifle. Regardless of whether it “triggers” some people, it is and should be perfectly legal. It may not be something I think anyone should do ordinarily, but it causes no more harm than carrying a sidearm, because neither cause any harm unless the trigger is pulled. If someone experiences emotional harm (not fear or discomfort, harm) upon seeing a rifle being carried, the bearer did not cause the harm. The harm was caused by the viewer’s unhealthy emotional state and irrational views and/or ignorance of firearms.

But more importantly, exercising rights causes other people discomfort. That’s just a fact of life. Get used to it. No one has a right to be comfortable. No one even has a right to feel safe. No one has a right to feel any particular feeling. And guess what. Doing something with the express intent of getting law enforcement to show up is not illegal, even if it’s not too wise. Like everyone keeps saying, just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Well, just because you shouldn’t, doesn’t mean you can’t. You can’t make a law against everything people shouldn’t do. That’s not the purpose of laws. Although, if you want to live somewhere like that, I hear China’s nice. Your interest rate for a loan can go up if you don’t cross a crosswalk fast enough.

I don’t think you’ve thought your views through to their end. Though I don’t condone people exercising their rights in irresponsible ways, I’m thankful that it happens. Society needs reminders that other people’s rights can make them feel very, very uncomfortable in many ways – anger, fear, disgust, sadness…you know, the whole cast of Inside Out. And feelings, while important, are something to be managed, subjected to evaluation by rational thinking, and thus made useful as input into our decisions. In that way, even negative feelings can be made to serve us. When people react and make decisions based on their feelings without subjugating them to thinking, or when people demand that others make them feel a certain way or not feel a certain way, they are serving their feelings, and becoming enslaved to them. And that’s not only a very selfish way to live, it’s a miserable way to live. It’s reasonable and healthy to work to resolve negative feelings and be able to feel better in every way. It’s unhealthy to try to do that by coercing other people to change their behavior, whether those people are your significant other or a man with a gun in the park.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you would be ok if someone yelled "BOMB!" in crowded place? Because thats exactly what you are saying, all rights should be absolute. Guess what buttercup, they are not. The ability to exercise a right ends when you do so to knowingly cause discomfort or emotional harm to others. Someone carrying a pistol, concealed or open, is able to do so even if some people do not like it. But this guy and the one in OKC carried a AR pistol with the express intent to cause law enforcement to show up. They were not just going about their day. That is the difference.

If you cannot behave responsibly in public then maybe you shouldn't be in public.

Agreed!

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy is a 2A activist and follows the terms of the law to see how law enforcement reacts. He had an AR "style" rifle and a holstered handgun, and refused orders by police. They used pepperballs (?) to subdue him after someone complained that he had pointed the rifle at them. He was doing this at a popular park. That's the gist of the article.

He's also got a youtube channel called "picture perfect" where he goes around doing "'audits' of various locations testing officials’ compliance with their understanding of their First and Second Amendment rights."

Interesting. I'd never heard of him, but it seems like he's asking for trouble with an AR at a public park. Other than that, more power to him.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/loc...cle_9d808f8e-e374-5015-ae4c-0cf8642ed5d4.html

I thought this was interesting: "Under the conditions of his release, Hubbard was mandated to relinquish all firearms and ammunition to law enforcement until the conclusion of the case."

I picture the guy with some pricey collectibles, the police coming in and throwing everything into a burlap bag, and throwing all of it into an evidence locker.
What is the AR 15 other than a .556 semi auto rifle?

Latest posts

Top Bottom