LOL So I ask the guy behind the counter at Academy.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zcruse

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I was helping someone shop for a 22 handgun and the guy behind BP's counter insisted, almost belligerently, that a ruger mkiii did not have a hammer...

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's not be too hard on them guys. It didn't seem like the OP knew either...and he is obviously WAY into guns. It is tough working retail.

The point wasn't that the guy at the counter didn't know the difference. The point was the guy behind the counter confused bullet weight grains with powder charge grains, which is retarded. Bullets are sold by bullet weight 124gr/147gr 9mm is the weight of the bullet not the number of grains of gunpowder.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey reddog, next time mention how much it would suck to be the poor guy who has to count those grains when using tweezers to put them in the case.

Bwahahahahaha

Let's not be too hard on them guys. It didn't seem like the OP knew either...and he is obviously WAY into guns. It is tough working retail.

The two small stacks of .22 were about 5 feet infront of me behind the counter, all I could see were the price tags, so I asked what the difference was. so yeah, I didnt know or I would not have asked.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this whole time I thought they were using agricultural measurements for grain. How many bushels should I put in the cases? Is a peck too much? Is wheat proper or should I use alfalfa?

I'm so confused. I'm going to apply at Academy tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's BS ... I had enough sense to know what I didn't know and didn't just throw **** out there when I worked at H&H ... they aren't selling draperies, they are selling guns and ammunition. Never mind the "no return" policy they have on ammo. If I hadn't known the difference I'd have bought that .357MAG ammo, trusting the ****ing salesman's word ... and when it didn't work I'd have been stuck with a box of ammo I couldn't use.

Nobody knows everything, but to me, that kind of "help" behind the counter is dangerous ...

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you BB. If you don't know, shut up and go find the answer. The customer will respect you more. The good side is that they are not on the dole.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's BS ... I had enough sense to know what I didn't know and didn't just throw **** out there when I worked at H&H ... they aren't selling draperies, they are selling guns and ammunition. Never mind the "no return" policy they have on ammo. If I hadn't known the difference I'd have bought that .357MAG ammo, trusting the ****ing salesman's word ... and when it didn't work I'd have been stuck with a box of ammo I couldn't use.

Nobody knows everything, but to me, that kind of "help" behind the counter is dangerous ...

Friggen THANK YOU! I can't tell you how many guys I have yanked off the gun counter for giving false information. It annoys me to no end! I have a few very simple rule for the gun counter. If you absolutely positively KNOW the answer then be as helpful as possible, if you don't be honest and tell the customer so but don't make stuff up. If they still want your help call ME. I will know the answer, attempt to find the answer, or honestly tell the customer that I do not know but I will do my absolute best to find out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom