looking for a place for me and my Dad to hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotahp1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know of a decent place? We lost our place we hunted for over 25 years (I grew up hunting there) and since my Granddad has passed I really want to get to go hunt with my Dad some more before thats gone too. We got drawn for a special hunt in Lexington for Nov 13th but sure would like to spend a weekend at a camp again. I miss those times and know they will never be the same with Granddad gone and a few others that cannt go but I sure would like a trip. Let me know if you know of a place its just myself Dad and maybe my Uncle.

Thanks
Kris

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SE Oklahoma - southern part of LeFlore County has quite a bit of forest service land. South of Heavener and east to Arkansas line, on south on 259 to about Octavia. Lots of good areas with some restrictions of ATV's if you take one to camp - might check maps & regulations.

Good Luck!

Cedar Creek

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You can camp at lexington too. There is primitive camping at the main road in to the area. I camped out there the first weekend of this season and you don't need an alarm clock. The road into there is like I-35 at 5am.

Latest posts

Top Bottom