Looking for a Shotgun for HD and 3-gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManDown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF005&gid=FNG002&mid=FNM0019

Or another variant of the FN.

Maybe a benelli M2/M4 or is there just as good and reliable shotgun for less money available?

Or what other GOOD options are there? I'm not into shotguns that much and plan on getting started in some 3-gun matches. I'm only planning on buy 1 so I want it to be a reliable and durable for both matches and home defense.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda partial of Mossberg myself. :rolleyes2

But if you're gonna use it for 3-gun, go with the 500 over the 590. The 590 weighs a ton...especially if it's set up like mine with a 4 round Speedfeed stock and a 6 round Tac-Star side saddle. Hell, even a model 88 "Maverick" would be a goodun for 3-gun.

The 590 is naturally by design heavier than a 500, but I never knew 10 extra shells would weigh it down so much. :ugh2:

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only time you would ever want to run a pump shotgun in 3-gun is if you are shooting in the Heavy Metal Division. You will need a tube that can hold at least 8 round to be competitive.(excludes the Mosberg 500 right away) The M4 isn't real good for 3-gun as it is expensive and hard to do any mods to. The FN/WIN SX1,SX2, SLP is a good choice, but they can really bite your loading digit especially if you load weak hand, it can be fixed and they are ok, but most the top shooters in 3-gun run a Benelli M1 or M2. KurtM

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The SLP is king shiz, I wish I never would have sold mine. Fast, smooth, and eats anything you feed it.

And I wonder of they will air the reshoots on the FNH 3-Gun Nation footage from Mesa because 3 of the 4 SLP's jammed! :)

I think they are on the right track to attempt to keep up with the Benelli's, just not there yet.

Get an M1 or M2 Benelli with a 21" or a 24" barrel and be done with it.

M

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I wonder of they will air the reshoots on the FNH 3-Gun Nation footage from Mesa because 3 of the 4 SLP's jammed! :)

I think they are on the right track to attempt to keep up with the Benelli's, just not there yet.

Get an M1 or M2 Benelli with a 21" or a 24" barrel and be done with it.

M

I never had a hiccup with mine, but to each their own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom