looking for CARP waters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The salt fork has had three major fish kills in the last two years. Suspected salt water dumping.

I thought the "kill zones" were all behind the dam?

We hadn't caught any catfish out of the river since it completely dried up during the 2011-2013 drought, but my son finally caught a few last fall. There were carp as soon as there was water back in the channel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the "kill zones" were all behind the dam?

We hadn't caught any catfish out of the river since it completely dried up during the 2011-2013 drought, but my son finally caught a few last fall. There were carp as soon as there was water back in the channel.
Yeah, forgot you were above the dam. Down river on my place, the stench from dead fish was horrible for a few days.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll make the same offer I have for the past three years. Tell me a good place to catch a carp, and if we catch one, I'll give you a "Ben Franklin"...

My pond has some grass carp that I would swear are probably 24-30" long. I'd let you have one for $100. (I will admit here that due to my hip-hop DJ background I had to translate Ben Franklin in to "benjamin" in order to know how much that was. LOL)

How much are you paying for bass, perch and crappie?? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom