looking for good precision rifle gunsmithing in okc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure.

Action: Winchester Model 70 PRF type, .300 Win Mag, LA, blueprints, trued and modified for bottom metal
Barrel: Shilen Match Grade ChromeMoly .308, #8 contour, 1/10" twists, 20" length, chambered for M248 mod 1, muzzle break installed (silencerco specwar)
Bottom Metal: PTG M5 style detachable mag for AICS pattern
Scope base: Warne steel 20 MOA picatinny one piece
Rings: Larue tactical 30mm standard height
Scope: Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50mm Mil/Mil, EBR-2C reticle, with Accuracy First anti cant level installed
Magazine: AICS 10rd .300 win mag
Cerakote color: Magpul FDE

All gunsmithing done by Long Rifles, Inc.

Anything else you want to know, just ask.
How do you like the dbm? I'm thinking about that for my bc a5 stock

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it ok. I may have to wait for the new stock to see if it's just the way I modded the standard winchester stock, but it took a bit of modifying the action to fit and it still doesn't look like it will feed properly without opening the feed lips a bit. It also could just be the 10rd mag over the 5rd. The bolt will catch the rim of the round but skip over it. If I ride the round forward a bit, the bolt will grab the round but the bullet will jam up on the feed ramp. You will need to play with it to get it to work right.

Otherwise it's a well built piece. And these issues may just be specific to the LA Win M70.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another quick pic. Got the bolt back last weekend. Wanted to show off the excellent fluting and knob install. Chad is a super solid guy. Amazing work. This is the rifle I got to shoot at the Wilshire pre opening. Shot beautifully. LRI knows their stuff.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And one more for the first reloading attempt, gonna go test them out tomorrow. Left to right: unloaded 220gr SMK projectile, standard load .300 win mag in hornady brass, Mk248 Mod 1 clone using Winchester nickel plated brass.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah sorry, it was a quick cell phone pic. I definitely want to get the load pretty far into development so that when I get the stock in December, I just have a little tweaking then I can build my data books and range tables.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick update, I've run into a snag with manners on the stock. They failed to hit their delivery date and won't give a solid date now. They are blaming it on the fact that they have never cut for a PTG detachable mag bottom metal before. I find it a little more than frustrating sine A) they knew about it from day 0 when I placed the order and B) I sent the entire rifle with the part 3 weeks before the due date and was told the date still stood. However, as I was writing this post they just called to apologize for the delay and let me know that everything well be shipping on Monday.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick update, I've run into a snag with manners on the stock. They failed to hit their delivery date and won't give a solid date now. They are blaming it on the fact that they have never cut for a PTG detachable mag bottom metal before. I find it a little more than frustrating sine A) they knew about it from day 0 when I placed the order and B) I sent the entire rifle with the part 3 weeks before the due date and was told the date still stood. However, as I was writing this post they just called to apologize for the delay and let me know that everything well be shipping on Monday.

I see.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick couple of shots of the rifle as she sits. Still needs one more trip to LRI to get it feeding smooth on all mags but it's fireable as is.

Looks great!! Range report once you get it out.

BTW, Tom Manners at Manners Stock is well respected and if you ever have problems with your stock he'll stand behind it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom