Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm taking two 10 year old and one 8 year old hunting this year. Not at the same time. It's going to be fun!
I believe that it would be a lot more fun for me to watch you take all 3 at the same time. Let me know when. I’ll sell tickets and share the proceeds.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need butchers you say? How does volunteering for that work out?

I enjoy processing venison, I could help. I may not be a professional butcher, but I’m fairly experienced and worked in a meat processing facility for a bit

I would enjoy gutting/skinning/cutting/packaging for people

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need butchers you say? How does volunteering for that work out?

I enjoy processing venison, I could help. I may not be a professional butcher, but I’m fairly experienced and worked in a meat processing facility for a bit

I would enjoy gutting/skinning/cutting/packaging for people
Butcher/meat processing takes place at the deer camp. Often times the task is taught by guides and the guide, hunter and parent work together on the task. Processing experience varies from guide to guide and others help where needed.

A more experienced butcher wouldn't be doing all the work while the hunter/parent went to do something else. Our program is a learn-to-hunt experience with game care as well.

Hearty meals are prepared by cooks 3 times a day for everyone at the deer camp.

Hunting takes place Friday morning and evening. Saturday morning and evening if needed. A butcher wouldn't have to be there the entire weekend but would certainly be welcome and wouldn't want to miss the Saturday night kum by yah experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom