looking for someone that would do some reloads for me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I have some brass for a big caliber. What I would like is someone that is close to where I live show me the ins and outs of reloading. I can buy dies and such that is needed for it. I was going to get taught by my grandfather a few years back but after his passing his secrets of reloading went with. send me a pm if anyone is interested in teaching me this dying art and shame on me for shooting calibers that are hard to find. thanks nathan

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good on you for shooting something big and unusual, but reloading is far from a dying art.

In the first place it isn't an art. I am making this point to drive home the absolute necessity of keeping any artistic variation out of your reloading activities. Color within the lines. Unless you become very advanced and acquire some pricy test equipment, stay within published load limits. Don't substitute components. Read books, and do everything by the book.

I live in OKC, so am too far away to be of much help. I do recommend that if you are buying a press that you get a turret press. Redding or Lyman are the strongest, Lee is the least expensive, and I think some other companies also offer them. Do lots of research. I am by nature sort of sloppy, but when I reload it's like I have another personality that takes over. Build good consistent habits. Could save your life or your gun, or could just give you more consistent ammo.

Reloading is fun, but part of the fun is the exacting safety and quality standards that you need to acquire. Best.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It looked overwhelming to me too when I first got into it. There are a lot of good YouTube videos everyday people took the time to add. Things like setting up dies and anything else you may need to see first hand. Get a few reloading books, think of them as recipe books. Make only a half dozen or so at a time and go shoot them see how your gun like what you put together. This is often called load development, you can totally nerd out during this phase of reloading. Take notes every time you make a load and take your notes with you when your developing your load.. Until you get something good.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great idea finding someone close to you to watch and ask questions.
That's how I learned way back.
A big Plus what CB said about safety.
You'll find that there are lots of people reloading.

Latest posts

Top Bottom