Looking Good for 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got all the food plot areas sprayed with roundup today ahead of the rains. Found a feeder that I thought in January would go ahead and empty itself. Evidently the alligator clip fell off the battery so I had 1/3 of a drum of a black gooey mess that was dripping out of the drop tube onto the feeder.
What a mess, and it stunk so bad...... really bad. Got everything dug out, and rinsed with pond water, then refilled the feeder with fresh corn. I'll have to disk it first before putting out a camera to eliminate a thousand pics of waving weeds and grass.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, but I'll add that it kind of depends on where you're at on evolutionary ladder as a hunter too. If that's a personal best and a really good buck for your area, no one would really expect you to pass him. It also depends on what the hunting pressure is in your area.

Nice buck either way! :thumb:
I think it's a good public land buck and we get a ton of pressure. I've let him walk the last two years.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't tell (due to mist on my lense) if this is a buck I already have on camera or a new character moving in/through, but he looks HUGE in this picture. I've relooked at all the pictures from this camera, and this is the only one.

Attachments

• IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 178

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't tell (due to mist on my lense) if this is a buck I already have on camera or a new character moving in/through, but he looks HUGE in this picture. I've relooked at all the pictures from this camera, and this is the only one.

I'd take him while I'm at it too. Since I'm just on here shooting all of y'alls deer. That one looks like a beast.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now my daughter reminded me she called dibs on him last year but never got a shot at him so she'll get the first chance at him and I hope she gets him. That would be more exciting than if I got him.

That's being a stand up Dad Coach!!!:thumb: I'll probably come up to refill feeders and be in a stand on opening day, but I'm planning to do what I did last year and wait to hunt myself until after my daughter gets a shot.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are making me excited. I currently only have an extremely small plot of land to hunt, but will see what sort of traffic is coming through for the first time tomorrow... I hope I have something anywhere near what you guys are seeing!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

He looks good! Humidity here this morning was about 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% and zero wind. Now it's down to 99.9999999999999999999% and still no wind lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom