Looks like New Yorks tightening up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what's going to happen to the 200 year old Remington plant in NY?

**** move it to Oklahoma, we will welcome them with open arms. No need for them to stay around people who want them gone. come where you have the American people's support, the heart of the country. Hell I'm sure their sales figures show the middle & South to be the highest volume of sales anyhow.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not surprised the cockroaches in NY passed this stuff. They try to make themselves out to be the most patriotic people in the country yet they support & pass garbage like this which suppresses American citizens. Not to mention their lifestyles are the furthest thing from what being an American is all about.

I expect to see the middle of the country & Southern states rally together & oppose the majority of upcoming measures. Or at least I pray they band together & hold to true American liberties.

You know, I assume you're probably a decent guy and well intentioned but the last time I heard anyone refer to a fellow countryman as a "cockroach" was when Hutus were justifying slaughtering Tutsis in Rwanda. That kind of language does nothing except scare off people who might otherwise lend an ear and support some of what the pro-gun, pro-second amendment community has to say. One or two voices spewing what you've written here at a rally or protest will do enormous damage to a cause you, presumably, care about.

The people with whom you disagree are fellow American citizens - and even if you oppose the laws they want to pass as completely wrong-headed and foolish you can elevate the discussion by keeping what you say at an elevated level. Diving for the gutter is not the way to go.

Now the disclaimers: I grew up in NY City and left after college to be a career military officer. I served 24 years, retired, and now am a military department civilian (we'll keep the specific department's name out of this because I don't speak for it). I made the decision years ago not to ever move back to NY over issues just like this but that hasn't turned me into a hater of the people. Like someone posted earlier it's still a great place to visit (and so is the rest of the State) but the people have been duped, lulled, or bought off into allowing a growing nanny-state to manage their lives for them. They will come to regret this foolish vote.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I assume you're probably a decent guy and well intentioned but the last time I heard anyone refer to a fellow countryman as a "cockroach" was when Hutus were justifying slaughtering Tutsis in Rwanda. That kind of language does nothing except scare off people who might otherwise lend an ear and support some of what the pro-gun, pro-second amendment community has to say. One or two voices spewing what you've written here at a rally or protest will do enormous damage to a cause you, presumably, care about.

The people with whom you disagree are fellow American citizens - and even if you oppose the laws they want to pass as completely wrong-headed and foolish you can elevate the discussion by keeping what you say at an elevated level. Diving for the gutter is not the way to go.

Now the disclaimers: I grew up in NY City and left after college to be a career military officer. I served 24 years, retired, and now am a military department civilian (we'll keep the specific department's name out of this because I don't speak for it). I made the decision years ago not to ever move back to NY over issues just like this but that hasn't turned me into a hater of the people. Like someone posted earlier it's still a great place to visit (and so is the rest of the State) but the people have been duped, lulled, or bought off into allowing a growing nanny-state to manage their lives for them. They will come to regret this foolish vote.

I pray that this law is overturned for the sake of the innocent people living in NY.

Des547

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is just the opening round in another battle to pull down the Second Amendment. The NRA and other pro gun organizations will file law suits before both the New York Supreme Court and with SCOTUS. It may take a year or so to get heard so the folks in New York are going to have to set tight, pack the stuff in the attic and wait.

Now is the time to write our Congressmen and Representatives in Washington and let them know we have very long memories and will remember how they vote when the battle moves to Washington. Also, if you aren't an NRA member, now might be a real good time to join.

Des

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things they wanted but didn't get

Confiscation of “assault weapons”
Confiscation of ten round clips
Statewide database for ALL Guns
Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be replaced to the public
Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
State issued pistol permits
Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
Mandatory locking of guns at home
Fee for licensing, registering weapons

Latest posts

Top Bottom