Love for the Classics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My fave's to shoot over the past few years:

-- Swedish m41B
-- Swedish m96's with various FSR-spec diopters
-- Swiss K31 with a Type K diopter or St. Marie mounted Weaver K4-1
-- Danish-loan M1 with a VAR barrel
-- Remington 1903A3
-- M-N 91/30 PU

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
*SA US Krag-Jorgensen 30-40 Sporter (Redfield peep sight, walnut stock with hand cut checkering, smooth as butter action)
*Remington 600 Mohawk 308
*Springfield M1A
*Marlin 39A
*Stevens Crackshot
and
*1927A1 Thompson (West Hurley with 100rd Drum) It's as close as I can afford to the real deal.

Sold my Garand when I got my M1A and have regretted it every since.

I would really like to get a 6.5 Swedish Carbine.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will need to take a close look at it (it's been a few years) but I'd say it's either Field or Service grade.

CMP currently lists their Field and Service Grade SA M1's for $495 and $595, respectively. So hopefully it's a Correct Grade, or you may want to negotiate with your ex FIL ;)

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CMP currently lists their Field and Service Grade SA M1's for $495 and $595, respectively. So hopefully it's a Correct Grade, or you may want to negotiate with your ex FIL ;)

I'll check closer but even if I pay him more than it's worth it is worth it to me since he and my ex MIL are complete jewels when it comes to everything they've done for my kiddos. They're the best grandparents a kid could ever have. So I'm good either way.

:woot:

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just using this as a conversation starter, as I am very bored at the moment, but what the hey...

Anyone else here have a special place in their heart for their Mosin Nagant? If not, what old school rifles do you enjoy the most?

I love my Mosin Nagants. Good enough is the enemy of better. Yes they are crude but its the cheapest way to arm a your family or the entire neighborhood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom