Lunar hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody live and die by the lunar calendar for best times and days for hunting? I've been hearing a lot if people talking about the best times to hunt and most say when the mood is directly below us. What do you believe and what is going to be the best time to hunt tomorrow? 1pm?

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Farkin wind is gonna have em layed up in my opinion. Early morning before it starts blowing and late in the evening when it lets up again. I'll be in the east/west draws down in the nasty stuff when the winds get to about 20mph.

iSolunar

New to the site!
Reaction score
Anybody live and die by the lunar calendar for best times and days for hunting? I've been hearing a lot if people talking about the best times to hunt and most say when the mood is directly below us. What do you believe and what is going to be the best time to hunt tomorrow? 1pm?

The Solunar Theory proposes that hunting and fishing is best at different times of every day based on the position on the moon. The Major Periods last 2-3 hours and peak when the moon is positioned overhead (transit) and positioned underfoot. The Minor Period times occur roughly half way in between when the moon passes the horizon at moonrise and moonset. Minor Periods generally last half as long as the Major Periods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom