M&P 45c, anyone have some experience...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
with this gun? I was at the range this weekend and the guy next to us had one and it seems really accurate with what seemed to be little or recoil. I know accuratcy is due to the shooter etc...Any thought on this compare to a 9mm?

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never shot the 45, but my 40c is my everyday CCW and I love it! I imagine the 45c would be pretty pleasant to shoot. It is more of a push than the snap of a 40. IMHO

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The biggest difference between a 9mm and 45acp is .096". :D

M&P45s are pretty nice, but it will recoil more. and cost more for ammo.
If you dont consider yourself an accomplished handgunner; shoot a 9mm, take a class and buy more practice ammo.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 45c, 40c and 9c.they are all 3 accurate and reliable.they all shoot as well as the next one.i tend to shoot the 9 more because of ammo cost but for fun the 45 really is impressive.I even bought the 357sig barrel and that's a rather snappy round in of it's own,but man that really is expensive.I couldn't say 1 is better than the other just like the 9 better for cost.

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the help. H&H is having a a promotion this weekend where you can buy so may rounds for $3 and shoot any gun....Gonna try em out....I think the 9 mm might be the way to go...

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know he's not going to brag on himself, but I have shot an M&P 9 that's been worked over by OlYeller and it was a smooth son of a gun. From what I hear... he's one of the best in the country for M&P work...

In fact... my very first time to ever shoot that was when we had an impromptu IDPA qualifier and I didn't have enough .45 for my 1911... so I borrowed one from Keelty and ended up qualifying a dang C when I'm clearly a D shooter!

Dang you OlYeller!
:)

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 40c (daily carry) and a 9c as well. Both of them with the drop in sears and trigger jobs I did on them shoot flawlessly. Both have very smooth triggers and are a great quality firearm.

I had one issue with the 40c, S&W shipped the part no questions asked and also threw in 2 mags for the hassle.

MSteph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know he's not going to brag on himself, but I have shot an M&P 9 that's been worked over by OlYeller and it was a smooth son of a gun. From what I hear... he's one of the best in the country for M&P work...

In fact... my very first time to ever shoot that was when we had an impromptu IDPA qualifier and I didn't have enough .45 for my 1911... so I borrowed one from Keelty and ended up qualifying a dang C when I'm clearly a D shooter!

Dang you OlYeller!
:)

I'm thinking about getting a M&P for Christmas and was wondering what exactly did OlYeller do to it.

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went to the big expo at H&H and bought a M&P 9 mm, didn't get the 9c..likethe feel of the 9 better...tried a 40c,. Paid $499 for it....Couple of things I noticed on all semi autos, difficult to load the clip...maybe spoiled by my revolver....said it would get better with use..

Latest posts

Top Bottom