Mail box theft......kinda long.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in rural Coweta, I wouldnt leave any mail out in my box to be picked up unless I sat and watched it til it got picked up, especially with a check in it. Alot of scoundrels around here. I would take the time to take it to the box personally and drop it in. Like DeerAssasin I hardly ever use personal checks except to give the ol lady one here and there for her church stuff, I pay all of my bills online on auto pay. Good luck with it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't put the "hey thief look at me flag" up. The post lady still picks up my mail regardless.

I also do all my bill payments online or over the phone, except for the local ones I hand deliver.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a sensor in my curbside box that activates a beeper in the house whenever the box is opened. Went off at an odd time once and I went out & yelled to the kid down the street that his Daddy would be hearing from me if he did it again. (the deer in the headlights look on the kids face was worth getting out of the chair!)

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's happened once or twice in the past month in my neighborhood near mustang/Yukon. Weird stuff. If I mail anything out I just take it straight to the mailbox.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who the heck uses checks anymore. I've had the same book of checks for at least four years now. Only use them to pay the rent.

Some businesses, my mechanic, and auction houses want to charge 2-3% surcharge for using a credit card. Always keep a couple in my wallet folded up.

Small businesses operate for the most part on a small profit margin.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scum everywhere. We electronic pay all bills. Cash for purchases. Take mail to PO.

About a month ago, Anthem Ins. had 80M accounts hacked and stolen. Got names, addresses, phone #, SS#, medical , records, employee ID#, prescription card #s. Just happens to be the NEW ( thank you ObabbadontCare) carrier for our company insurance. One coworker has received notice of $5000 in charges at BPS in Albuquerque. Company response, "Sorry that happened, hope you get it cleared up."

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and you all are writing checks because.....you have no online bill pay or what????

ok jk. I understand why you write checks. I write exactly one check a month. It goes straight the PO in Edmond on my way to work once a month. To me it just was always smart. Why would anyone leave something of value in an unlocked container? To me and considering the ppl on this forum, it makes no damn sense why you wouldn't secure your valuables.

might as well put you ATM card in there with 3 of the 4 numbers of your PIN.

Latest posts

Top Bottom