Malaysia Air Flight 370

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason for the world wide interest is the plane was carrying the only known specimen of Chuck Norris' tears. As we all know, his tears can cure cancer and would prove very valuable to the nation who possess them.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am having trouble understanding your logic trail - we (USA) have re-routed one ship, not ships, and a few planes have flown search missions, most recently the P3 Orion.
The news reports said that the Orions were Aussie; from what I heard, the only aircraft we've sent is a solitary Poseidon.

Heck, if nothing else, it's useful as "something different" for the ASW crews to hunt.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The reason for the world wide interest is the plane was carrying the only known specimen of Chuck Norris' tears. As we all know, his tears can cure cancer and would prove very valuable to the nation who possess them.

The plane was headed to the US Islands. They used to be known as the US Virgin Islands, before Chuck Norris vacationed there.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am having trouble understanding your logic trail - we (USA) have re-routed one ship, not ships, and a few planes have flown search missions, most recently the P3 Orion. While not cheap that is hardly a major rerouting of military strength. Most searching has, in fact, been done by China and Malaysia. The re-routed satellites were Chinese not US, though we may have focused some national assets on the search without a lot of fanfare. I have also not heard of any US subs being taken off station and devoted to this search. So on balance a very modest US commitiment of resources or personnel to this effort, lots of talking heads are getting a workout but very little is being tasked or re-tasked to participate in this search.

Ships don't really sail alone. If we sent a Destroyer, you can bet there's a Frigate or 2 close by. If there's a Frigate, there's a sub....Ships need food n mail n fuel and since Perth isn't to far away, I'm sure a couple of supply ship are shadowing back there. Supply ships need cover as well.

The area they are heading is way out there....too far for a single ship to be left vulnerable.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There's Wilson in the second pic.

Say Lurker, if our Navy wasn't floating around looking for this plane, wouldn't they just be floating around doing something else? Floating around is what they do, and they're glad to be of help.

Idle hands are the Devil's workshop.

You have a point. Any time your diverted, it adds time underway. Underway means drills n training. Know body likes drills n training cept the career guys (diggit's, as in "I dig the Navy", aka Lifers). Well over half the crew is junior enlisted and despise going to sea, although that's what the "Real Navy" does. Junior guys get bossed around n shi+ on. RHIP, so Junior sailors get to paint n do dishes n do laundry and train n drill. So every day the ship is diverted adds to days not spent on Liberty. And Liberty is where ya become a real Sailor. I bet the boys think this is BS and stupid. Their mind is on sleep, chow, mail and next port o'call. Since Perth is close, I'm sure they're planning on drinks n women. Not some stupid foreign plane.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I apologize for making light of the situation. Seems everybody forgets there were 250 human beings on that flight that are likely dead now. Thousands of relatives are grieving. It is a tragedy.
We're all guilty of that. It's like a tragedy gets so over-played in the media that it loses its reality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom