Man Fights Off Three Would-Be Robbers by Ignoring Sonic’s Gun-Free Request

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This Sonic was in DeKalb County, Georgia. I have never heard what Sonic's policy on CCW is in Oklahoma. Since Sonic is based here in Oklahoma, I would think that they would know how the people feel about CCW and being able to defend yourself. All I know for sure is that "Gun Free Zones" are just open invitations for robberies, mass shootings(Aurora, CO--etc.) and a "shooting fish in a barrel" attitude for bad guys/perps.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/11/man-fights-off-three-would-be-robbers-by-ignoring-sonics-gun-free-request/
Man Fights Off Three Would-Be Robbers by Ignoring Sonic’s Gun-Free Request
by AWR Hawkins
11 Feb 2015
On February 8, a customer who ignored Sonic’s request that “customers refrain from bringing guns to the restaurant” was able to pull his gun and shoot one of three alleged armed robbers, killing him and stopping the would-be robbery.

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never heard what Sonic's policy on CCW is in Oklahoma. Since Sonic is based here in Oklahoma, I would think that they would know how the people feel about CCW and being able to defend yourself.
Sonic supports the liberal agenda and that includes gun control. They have donated tens of thousands of dollars to the Obama/Democrat campaigns and other gun control sponsors.

Partial listing of donations for 2008: http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/all_summary.php?id=D000037669&nid=16036

Even though I like most of Sonic's menu, I will no longer eat there because of their sociopolitical leanings and support.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lady I knew sonic defers to local law and as a corporation the did not have anything stricter than whatever laws allow. That said, I checked and apparently they have come out on tv saying no guns on property and they added it to the official handbook.
As many of you probably know lots of Sonics are independently owned franchises. I can say for a fact that not all owners agree with this policy. The question is what can the owners do without fear of losing their franchise license?

Latest posts

Top Bottom